Dementeleus

Death on the Nile | Feb 11, 2022 | Branagh returns as star/director/moustache model | Armie Hammer is sadly in this | Will release in China

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

With some marketing effort this should to at least $10-15 million on opening weekend thanks to Gal Gadot's star power, and that would be great for an adult film in the current marketplace. But we don't know if Disney will just dump it with minimum advertisement.

Gal Gadot's star power? Outside of Wonder Woman, I don't think she really has much of a draw.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

With some marketing effort this should to at least $10-15 million on opening weekend thanks to Gal Gadot's star power, and that would be great for an adult film in the current marketplace. But we don't know if Disney will just dump it with minimum advertisement.

The "star" is not even promoting the movie on her social media accounts 

Will be very interesting to track. Does anybody know when the pesales start? So far it's status "Remind Me".

Some cast stories have reached normal movie websites in Germany (which is not the norm) but as I said there, A. Hammer plays Simon, an ambivalent character to say it nicely. Helps enormously. 

The story itself is great and so is the setting. My advice for any interested person who is lucky enough not to know the plot is: Just stay uninformed! You won't regret it.

It's sad to see that a movie which would have done great worldwide without Covid and other problems is struggling now.

But to stay positive, every episode of these Hercules Poirot crime stories is new (and I hope a third part is happening).

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

That said if she smile in the trailers, people do not even have to know who she is to have some possible effect. She has old school Hollywood star screen presence.

Yes she does, she has a unique charisma for sure, very likable. 

15 hours ago, Barnack said:

That said if she smile in the trailers, people do not even have to know who she is to have some possible effect. She has old school Hollywood star screen presence.

she does. which makes her mediocre acting ok with me. shes beautiful and has a charismatic presence

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 6:16 AM, Napoleon said:

I mean, I think we know.  They didn't even bother to put a teaser or a trailer or anything out for this until 6 weeks before release.  

Like with everything 20thCentury, they are dumping it and putting the bare minimum in per their contractual requirements.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just saw an ad for this on the MNF playoff game, so marketing might be ramping up (at least on traditional avenues).

(*cue cries of "there was no advertising" in a few weeks time...*)

This is running ads nonstop in Times Square. They're trying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This would have been a big hit in a world without covid. It was coming out in 2020, when everyone still loved Shuri and wanted to date Armie Hammer, and Gal Gadot would've just had a big global box office hit with Wonder Woman 1984. It would easily overcome the mediocre reception to Murder On the Orient Express.

I'm kinda hyped to see this still.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:16 AM, Napoleon said:

That seems a bit low. the last one made over $100m. yeah box office is different now, but I expect this to open to high-teens/low twenties tbh.

On 1/19/2022 at 10:12 AM, Napoleon said:

This would have been a big hit in a world without covid. It was coming out in 2020, when everyone still loved Shuri and wanted to date Armie Hammer, and Gal Gadot would've just had a big global box office hit with Wonder Woman 1984. It would easily overcome the mediocre reception to Murder On the Orient Express.

I'm kinda hyped to see this still.

I still love Shuri. let the poor girl make her own choices. I'm sure she has her reasons.

• Knock It Off 1