CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

I don't know if the whole "controversy Audience Score" helped the movie or not, but I have to confess that I went to see the movie just to see what was going on. 

I liked it, didn't love it. Might see it again, but no hurry. It has a ton of great things, but too many flaws ( and some weird scenes ). That being said, I'm glad the movie is performing really well domestic. Is it performing good overseas too? No idea.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RichWS said:

Don't you DARE start writing giant paragraphs of text.

Yeah what an asshat! Oh wait :P 

Theater was busy, I got so lucky haha it was a sold out screening but the seat next to me in the prime row was available because the group bought an extra ticket. It felt both weird and nice having a seat next to me for once free so I could sorta lean into it and spread out more ha ha.

Ok this is weirding me out so I need to ask some theater employee who posts here maybe. I’ve seen the movie 4 times. All same theater, same auditorium because it’s IMAX, previews never in the same order or the same number or anything. Granted 1 of 4 times (today) was 2D but the trailer for that quiet horror movie played the 1st and 4th times only, and Black Panther never before today. Can theaters just mix up previews like that at will per screening? I’m so weirded out, this never happened with TFA, it was always the same every time.

And wow to 65-67, Jesus. This is unreal!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

BKB, BKB,BKB,BKB,BKB.... yes its true!! 

He told me to tell you that IW will surpass the 300M OW 

BKB, BKB, BKB, BKB, BKB...

Snowflake liberals are too offended by a little pedophilia from 30 years ago that they elect Doug Jones.. This wont stop Trump, he's already done more than all the whiny libtards combined..

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, The Last Panda said:

BKB, BKB, BKB, BKB, BKB...

Snowflake liberals are too offended by a little pedophilia from 30 years ago that they elect Doug Jones.. This wont stop Trump, he's already done more than all the whiny libtards combined..

That guy man. I feel like you just conjured up his spirit. Bold text and all.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Unless it only does $155m and is directed by Gareth Edwards. #stillnotanevent

Rogue One thread had more pages. Therefore was more of an event than TLJ.

Sorry. But that's the rules.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

5 minutes ago, ReyReyBattery said:

Rogue One thread had more pages. Therefore was more of an event than TLJ.

Sorry. But that's the rules.

Yes, but how many of those pages were me being generous enough to make the thread an event because I felt so sorry for what a non event it was? 

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, stephanos13 said:

Really bold prediction!

Lol that was before any Friday estimates :hahaha:at that point, it could have really gone either direction.

That fucking Saturday number though :ohmygod::ohmygod:

• Like 1

Just now, The Last Panda said:

I kind of think this might just go over 200m OW for the second largest weekend ever guys... just a thought I had!

I have to disagree. Look at the RT audience score! People are definetly, no doubt at all, absolutely hating the movie.

It will have an 8M Sunday.

2M for rest of the run.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I don't know if the whole "controversy Audience Score" helped the movie or not, but I have to confess that I went to see the movie just to see what was going on. 

I liked it, didn't love it. Might see it again, but no hurry. It has a ton of great things, but too many flaws ( and some weird scenes ). That being said, I'm glad the movie is performing really well domestic. Is it performing good overseas too? No idea.

I'm going to keep being a broken record on this, but outside of .0000001% of people on the internet nobody was aware of any "controversy" and it was a completely fabricated from the start.  A few people here and on other sites jumped on it as if it meant something but outside of that nobody knew anything about it.  

• Like 5