CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

8 minutes ago, Gamora said:

And for the record, I initially had large reservations after watching it the first time, but I've seen it three times now and it's improved a ton for me. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the long term after this initial shit storm.

I’ve heard a few people mention they enjoyed it more the second time around. I guess knowing what to expect helps. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Getting angry at Terminator Genitals is like getting angry at a very old dog who pees on your carpet

I would definitely get angry at a penis or vagina that kills people.  

13 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I’ve heard a few people mention they enjoyed it more the second time around. I guess knowing what to expect helps. 

Definitely improved for me the 2nd time.

I went from decidedly mixed about it to absolutely loving it, despite a few gripes. Haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day.

It's the only non-OT movie I'd put in my top tier of SW films (ANH, ESB, TLJ).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

It seriously does. The first time was a shock to the system for me and I wasn't sure what to think, but watching it again knowing what's happening lets you actually process it. I guess some might still hate it but I definitely enjoyed it more on subsequent viewings.

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

Depends on how it's reported to the studio, no?

How is a Moviepass "ticket sale" reported anyway?

The way Moviepass is you use the app to indicate the movie you are going to see at a theater. Like the 9PM showing of Last Jedi. The app then puts money on a MasterCard Debit card that you walk up to the box office and use to pay for a ticket instead of a any other credit/debit card or cash. It is just like any other ticket purchase. Just the only identity that puts money on the card is MoviePass. If ticket costs $10 MoviePass puts $10 on the card. If it is $20 MoviePass puts $20 on the card.

• Like 1

Btw can't wait to see Last Jedi. 

Sadly I have to wait for Wednesday night. After my Histology final....the last final of my first semester of medical school. Let these next 4-5 days just pass already. I wanna follow the box office more closely again!! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

my thread ban be gone.

also my childhood never happened because of Rian Johnson.  fuck Rian Johnson.

so that makes you like 8 years old then right?  you should be banned for not being old enough to be on the forums 

:P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjack339 said:

at around what time do we think we will get an update estimate for sat?

I lived in Hawaii for TFA so it was super easy waiting for that RTH update but now on east coast and 5 hours ahead I wonder if it is worth staying up. 

Possible another update in about an hour. Otherwise Deadline in a few.

• Like 1