CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

7 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Have you seen it?

Visuals in TLJ far outclass its predecessors it's not even funny. Performances are also great here. Ridley, Driver, Hamill, and Dern were fantastic. Direction is actually very strong, but my biggest problem was with the damn pacing. 

I thought you were talking about the prequels lol

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I thought you were talking about the prequels lol

Oh fuck no. TPM is one of the worst blockbusters ever created in my eyes. It's shocking how bad and boring it is. AoTC is really bad, too, and the dialogue is even worse but it has more comedic value. 

I'll never forget watching AoTC in theaters as a kid and the entire room bursting into laughter when Anakin and Padme played with the giant sheep.

RoTS is decent. The last act is a lot of fun and the mythology is far more interesting than it was in the other two films. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Oh fuck no. TPM is one of the worst blockbusters ever created in my eyes. It's shocking how bad and boring it is. AoTC is really bad, too, and the dialogue is even worse but it has more comedic value. 

I'll never forget watching AoTC in theaters as a kid and the entire room bursting into laughter when Anakin and Padme played with the giant sheep.

RoTS is decent. The last act is a lot of fun and the mythology is far more interesting than it was in the other two films. 

I was with you until you said RoTS is decent.

EDIT:

Actually, as much as i shit on the prequels, i wouldn't call TPM one of the worst blockbusters ever.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Have you seen it?

Visuals in TLJ far outclass its predecessors it's not even funny. Performances are also great here. Ridley, Driver, Hamill, and Dern were fantastic. Direction is actually very strong, but my biggest problem was with the damn pacing. 

I agree with this.  Hamill was legitimately incredible in this and I loved the other performances you mentioned.  You also have 3 of the coolest scenes in all of Star Wars IMO.  There was a certain storyline that if you cut 10 minutes off of takes nothing away from the plot but tightens up the movie and that alone fixes most of the pacing issues (I didn't have as much of an issue with pacing as most but there was some fat that could have easily been trimmed).

• Like 2

What was the last mega blockbuster that was largely loved by critics but outright hated by hard core fans? Has there ever been one? Usually both groups either love or hate the film or in some cases, critics hate the film but hardcore fans love it.