grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

21 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Aren't you the guy who's fetish is to sleep with a woman covered in blue paint and make her speak Navi?

You have to wonder... is so obsessed with navi women because he loved avatar? Or is he so obsessed with avatar because he loved the blue women? Questions that will haunt my nightmares....

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lesson learned 

Put in some fan service like rogue one like Vader and this would have clear 750 million lol

In TFA

Spoiler

Han died

but we didn't see his body did we? Bring him back with robot spider legs for Episode 9!

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

In another dimension there's a sequel to TFA that played it safe and is heading towards 750 m DOM.

As a SW fan, I actually like this dimension better. :popcorn:

What bothers me is that E8 never needed to "play it safe" to deliver something that the fanbase and the GA could have gotten on board with on TFA levels, imo. All it needed to do was follow up and deliver on a lot of interesting plot points TFA set up. There would have been plenty of satisfactory ways to do that without playing it safe. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

What bothers me is that E8 never needed to "play it safe" to deliver something that the fanbase and the GA could have gotten on board with on TFA levels, imo. All it needed to do was follow up and deliver on a lot of interesting plot points TFA set up. There would have been plenty of satisfactory ways to do that without playing it safe. 

Rian Johnson said fuck off 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Aren't you the guy who's fetish is to sleep with a woman covered in blue paint and make her speak Navi?

Roleplay is common dont try to make me sound like a freak! I dont think people really want to talk about that in here tho lol.

$321m for TLJ vs $440m for TFA after 8 days. $119m difference already. 

By the end of the weekend, it should be around $363m vs TFA's $540m. $177m difference. Next week will be very good for TLJ, but it won't top any of TFA's grosses. 

People who think this might do Avatar numbers...are the ones who think it'll miraculously pull TFA's numbers for the rest of its run. It's likely going to finish with $670m-$710m. 

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Except it did exactly that :ph34r:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I noticed the packaging for the TLJ line of toys didn't indicate anywhere it was based on TLJ. They just say STAR WARS and the only way you know the toys tie in to the movie, at least for me, is Rey's design. She's wearing the hair and outfit you see in the trailers.

In the past, toys were labeled with the logo for the corresponding movie. I don't know, I think that's a critical detail anyway.

Edited by JB33