Alli

Weekend Thread | 3-day estimates (per BOM): J 27M, TP 18.6M, TC 13.45M, I:TLK 12.14M, TGS 11.8M, TLJ 11.28M, P2 10.62M, PM 10M

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I try to stay well away from American politics, but would it be stupid of me to say that I think 12 Strong and The Post can easily co-exist this month, as they'll in a way each be playing heavily to a different political demographic?

Also, really hoping a lot of those MoviePass holders are teens who'll turn up for Maze stunner ;)

they should.  The Post already seems to be making 5/3 that of Patriots Day upon expansion.  I bet The Post does 13 mil next weekend and 12 Strong goes for first.  I think the 'Den of Thieves' movie and the 'Forever My Girl' one will make like 5.5 each. 

I’m only here for Jumanji and TLJ numbers. Jumanji didn’t drop as low as most thought but still a good number.

TLJ looks right in line with RO’s comparable weekend from last year. 

I wish Shape of Water was playing near me. I really want to see it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

So I went to the cinema today and on the electronic board listing the show times it said "Star Wars: The Last".

What did they mean by this?

They meant they ran out of room on the board to fit the word Jedi.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

fuck my fellow americans for not seeing paddington 2, were the shitholes.

Some British stuff that's really big around the world (Bridget Jones, Johnny English, Bean, Paddington) just doesn't fly in America. Never understood why in particular Bridget Jones. There's been much worse romcoms that did twice or 3-times as much as BJ business dom. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

So I went to the cinema today and on the electronic board listing the show times it said "Star Wars: The Last".

What did they mean by this?

They meant to say "Star Wars: The Last Star Wars" but didn't have the guts.

• Haha 1

To be fair, the synopsis did warn us that Den of Thieves is a crime saga:

A gritty crime saga which follows the lives of an elite unit of the LA County Sheriff's Dept. and the state's most successful bank robbery crew as the outlaws plan a seemingly impossible heist on the Federal Reserve Bank.

If bonus shows mean anything, one of my locals gave Proud Mary a bonus one an hour ago...only bonus show over and above planned schedules for any openers...so nothing is going crazy bonkers, but Proud Mary might be the one most likely to exceed the 1st Friday guesstimate...

• Like 2

As usual always happy to get the early numbers but I bet most of them go up a bit. I see Jumanji going over $30M+ four day. Post should do $22M+ for the four day. I expect Jedi and Mary to gross just over/under $17M for the four day. Fully expect Paddington 2 over $20M+ for the four day as well. Looking forward to the updated numbers tomorrow morning.

Now, about to watch Brawl in Cell Block 99... What did folks here think of it? Does it live up to Bone Tomahawk? Even better? Will Dragged Across Concrete be the most brutal movie of the 21st century?

• Like 1

And, going with my mom to see Paddington 2 tomorrow afternoon. We both loved the first. She asked if I saw it yet. Glad I hadn't. Don't see a ton of movies with her like I did when I was a kid. Should be fun. Can't wait. Hopefully the snowstorm here doesn't force us to postpone.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

As usual always happy to get the early numbers but I bet most of them go up a bit. I see Jumanji going over $30M+ four day. Post should do $22M+ for the four day. I expect Jedi and Mary to gross just over/under $17M for the four day. Fully expect Paddington 2 over $20M+ for the four day as well. Looking forward to the updated numbers tomorrow morning.

Now, about to watch Brawl in Cell Block 99... What did folks here think of it? Does it live up to Bone Tomahawk? Even better? Will Dragged Across Concrete be the most brutal movie of the 21st century?

I loved Brawl in Cell Block 99.  Vaughn is completely different.  This is unlike any other role he's done.  Just a solid solid movie imo.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

And, going with my mom to see Paddington 2 tomorrow afternoon. We both loved the first. She if I saw it yet. Glad I hadn't. Don't see a ton of movies with her like I did when I was a kid. Should be fun. Can't wait. Hopefully the snowstorm here doesn't force us to postpone.

Wow, same director and he also has three of the cast members from Brawl in Cell Block 99.  Add Mel Gibson and this should be one hell of a fucking movie.  

• Like 1