kayumanggi

AQUAMAN | 813.4 M overseas ● 1148.5 M worldwide

Film finance experts believe Aquaman will definitely pass $900mm and if it plays well this month it should reach $1B, which would be the third time DC has hit that mark after globally after Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises. 

Even film finance experts are starting to whisper: "It's locked."

https://deadline.com/2019/01/aquaman-crosses-600-million-international-box-office-800-worldwide-china-milestone-1202527969/

Elsewhere, Tuesday saw Aquaman in Korea hit the $30M mark; Australia rise to $13.3M after bowing this past weekend; Mexico swell to $23.5M in its 3rd week; and France jump to $16.7M.

Italy was the newcomer on Tuesday, grossing $1.8M from 526 screens. This is the biggest opening of all time for a DC title.

The Top 10 markets are led by China ($275.5M) and rounded out by Korea ($30M), Brazil ($24.3M), Mexico ($23.5M), the UK ($19.6M), France ($16.7M), Indonesia ($16.3M), Russia ($15.4M), Germany ($13.4M) and Australia ($13.3M).

• Like 2

From Screendaily: A further $14.7m from 79 markets on Wednesday (2) propelled the international running total to $623.5m. With a $1.1m number two debut in Italy on January 1 paving the way for what is expected to be a significant six-day opening by Sunday, and other territories holding well, particularly Asia and Latin America, the international tally could exceed $675m by the end of the upcoming session.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The big question is: Where in the $1.1B-territory?

Low $1.1B along with TF4, Skyfall, LOTR: ROTK & TF3? Mid $1.1B along with CA3 & Minions? Or high $1.1B?

$350m DOM +  $470m OS + $300m China

= $1.120b

Low

1 minute ago, Asyulus said:

$350m DOM +  $470m OS + $300m China

= $1.120b

Low

350 dom is not IMPOSSIBLE, but unlikely - if it drops less than 40% this weekend, I'll change my mind.

And another 130 million OS-C is even less probable. That would be over a third of what it's already made during the holiday period, with only one more major to open (a market that traditionally generates little for DC properties). I'd be well impressed, but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 2