Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

20 hours ago, Tarintino said:

Flighter pilots usually have a cut off age at sround 25 years old so the young casting makes sense. They don't tend to accept anyone older

That is a cut off for becoming a pilot. you are probably 23 or 24 before you graduate flight school...and you generally have abut ten years before your relfexes become too slow for aerial combat.  You then either quit the service, or move on to duties not involving direct combat...such as the higher commands in Naval aviation, which are not flying duties.

Edited by dudalb

7 hours ago, Maggie said:

Yeah, the predictions are getting out of control. Let's remember Fallout had great reviews too and it "only" made 220M. This will probably do more, but no way it's even coming close to Strange

You are really death riding this for a long time now. I think your going to be pretty disappointed in the end.

On 5/3/2022 at 1:41 AM, Maggie said:

eh...boring

On 5/3/2022 at 7:38 AM, Maggie said:

I listened to it a few more times. It grows on you

On 5/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, Maggie said:

Help, the song is stuck in my head

Ngl I'm going thru this process right now.

• Haha 4

I haven't seen the original in about 20 years so its all been quite vague to me for awhile therefore I gave it a re-watch on Netflix.  I approve of all the homoeroticism and appreciate the sexual tension between Maverick and Charlie, and laughed at Tom in his tighty-whities.  I expect the new one to be entirely sexless like most big Hollywood blockbusters now.

Oh and the soundtrack is great.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

I haven't seen the original in about 20 years so its all been quite vague to me for awhile therefore I gave it a re-watch on Netflix.  I approve of all the homoeroticism and appreciate the sexual tension between Maverick and Charlie, and laughed at Tom in his tighty-whities.  I expect the new one to be entirely sexless like most big Hollywood blockbusters now.

Oh and the soundtrack is great.

Wrong on that front lol. 

So I had no intention of seeing this but the reactions have me curious to see it in a matinee. I’ve never actually seen the first movie. I was born in 85. Robocop and Terminator were the films in my household.

Edited by eddyxx

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Looking at the boxoffice, I never realized just how big the original was, 180m in 1986 is probably around 500m today.

It's pop culture impact frankly reflects an even larger gross. It remains one the most iconic films of the 1980s. 

• Like 1

https://deadline.com/2022/05/tom-cruise-receives-honorary-palme-dor-as-fighter-jets-take-to-sky-at-top-gun-maverick-cannes-premiere-1235027342/

‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Cannes Premiere Gets 5-Minute Standing Ovation; Tom Cruise Receives Honorary Palme d’Or As Fighter Jets Decorate Sky

Edited by HesAPooka
  • Like 1