That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Just now, GadnukBreakerOfWorlds said:

Tuesday Prediction 

Demand is still sky high but since today isn't a holiday it'll drop more than TFA did.

$33.7 million 

$33m would be insane for today. Can't see that happening, and if it does Avatar is in trouble. I was thinking mid 20's would be incredible if it could manage. 

1 minute ago, MOVIEGUY said:

I highly doubt it'll get nominated for best picture or director or any acting nominations, at best I think it could get nominated for adapted screenplay but who knows. I feel like it's probably a shoe-in for costume design and some other technicals, and I would LOVE Kendrick to get nominated for an oscar, even if it were for All the Stars or Pray for Me which are two of his worst songs, that would be the most exciting thing out to come out of any of this.

Nope, it’s a work of art that will sweep the nominations.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/

See? 😂

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I think Halloween will break it and then some but true.

Also Jungle Book (Disney) was supposed to be released in October 2015. That could’ve easily took the record.

I'm not sure on Halloween, I think it'll be a success but I don't know if it's going to be the next IT. $50m+ OW would be my expectation for it. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Its a cbm blockbuster, not award worthy, but has a shot especially in technical categories.  I dont think Coogler's better films got nominated 

Logan got an adapted screenplay nod so who knows?

• Like 1

Tickets sold today at my theater:

Black Panther: 559 (382 2D/177 3D)

15:17 to Paris: 145

Peter Rabbit: 85

Fifty Shades: 75

Jumanji: 67 (41 2D/26 3D)

Showman: 59

Winchester: 26

Maze Runner: 25

Early Man: 9 (first two shows of the day were empty lmao)

This was a surprisingly busy day compared to the last few weeks! All of the holds are performing the highest they have on a weekday in a while.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm not sure on Halloween, I think it'll be a success but I don't know if it's going to be the next IT. $50m+ OW would be my expectation for it. 

I’m thinking it has a shot at $200M but that’s a breakout for it.

30 minutes ago, MJL said:

Omg, you guys have to see this!! 😂

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/

Black Panther is the best Movie of ALL TIME according to RT

Paddington, Get Out and Mad Max Fury are all in the the top ten movies of all time.

it's a shit list no matter where they put BP.

The list never had any credibility.

I bet it's not even based on the average rating.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

So we're all guessing about today's numbers but have there been any actual updates?

As I said before, my prediction is $22M-$23M. A DEADPOOL-like Tuesday drop would give it about $23.5M. Over/under that?

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Paddington, Get Out and Mad Max Fury are all in the the top ten movies of all time.

it's a shit list no matter where they put BP.

Why do you care? The list never had any credibility.

I bet it's not even based on the average rating.

It is clearly flawed.  If you look among the top 20 it includes Inside Out at number 11.  It's a good movie, don't get me wrong.  Maybe even great by certain measurements.  But Inside Out... vs everything else in the Pixar library?  And this is the only one to make the top 20?  Don't get me started.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Early Man and Every Day are causing The Greatest Showman to leave my theater this weekend :jeb!: Black Panther is retaining all of its screens as well.

Same at mine. But we’re losing Den of Thieves instead. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

So we're all guessing about today's numbers but have there been any actual updates?

As I said before, my prediction is $22M-$23M. A DEADPOOL-like Tuesday drop would give it about $23.5M. Over/under that?

It doubled the Deadpool gross on Monday, so something similar would be around $23m Tuesday. Seems like a good target. 

• Like 1