CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Are we discussing the possibility of Disney lowballing the shit out of the OD number and the industry estimate being closer to reality? Because optimist me thinks it's still on the table and it could show on actuals :sparta: I mean, I could never doubt Rth and his number was close to spot-on, but Empire then reporting 107 and the following tweet of the 107-110 range has me guessing.... plus, memba' that historic Black Panther lowball? Me too. (Though that was the product of a Sunday hold that IW could never wish having, as BP benefitted from a holiday Monday, so I wouldn't expect anything close). #tinfoilhat

Also.... is there a chance that, with the absolute CRAZE that Marvel is experiencing right now - and Infinity War seems to have terrific wom so far (still at 93% and 4.6/5 on Flixster/RT audience score; IMDB is fanboy town but it's noteworthy that it hasn't dropped from 9.1/10) - could Ant-Man And The Wasp blow up past 100M on OW? I mean, I doubt it, given that it's a much smaller movie in comparison, but who knows. Hell, there's a chance fucking Venom of all movies makes 90-100M OW with the insane hype it's been getting lately.

Venom in the same convo as if it’s part of MCU

feige.jpg

• Haha 9

Just now, titanic2187 said:

In my showing, I can barely see a girl in the crowd. Same goes too another round of showing....I guess girls are still waiting for TWILIGHT.....

Any demography data for this mega-opener? 

36% women is the number I saw.

Fucking clickbait news.

2001 is Cameron s favourite movie and the one that made him want to become a filmmaker.

He was the host of a documentary  about it that you see on the blu ray.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NoLegMan said:

if Ant-man gets an Avengers bump and makes anything near 700m WW, I will die of laughter lol.

the first one made over 500m, a 150-200m increase wouldn't be anything extraordinary.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

36% women is the number I saw.

Find this from DHL. Marvel fans are growing older it seems....

Audience makeup is 66% guys to 34% females, which is the same breakdown as Civil War. Fifty-eight percent are over 25 for Infinity War versus 51% over 25 for Civil War and 55% under 25 for Age of Ultron. 

Edited by titanic2187
  • Like 6

Were there any IW and AWIT drive-in double features? That's about the only reason I can explain that absurd increase for AWIT. You'd think Disney would fudge BP instead of AWIT. Or maybe that's just another typo on the BOM site.

2 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Find this from DHL. Marvel fans are growing older it seems....

Audience makeup is 66% guys to 34% females, which is the same breakdown as Civil War. Fifty-eight percent are over 25 for Infinity War versus 51% over 25 for Civil War and 55% under 25 for Age of Ultron. 

I don't think they grow older, It's more of a genaral hype thing. You need a 4Q crowd to pull those enormous crowds and in the case of IW, it's likely, that those additional crowds are older ones that passed on other Marvel movies, but now show up for the Must See Character of IW.

3 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Were there any IW and AWIT drive-in double features? That's about the only reason I can explain that absurd increase for AWIT. You'd think Disney would fudge BP instead of AWIT. Or maybe that's just another typo on the BOM site.

All Disney movies usually see abnormal increases the weekend they have a new massive opener out for a long time now. Still not gonna reach $100M either way.

2 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Ant-man hitting near 700 Million would be huge for a Paul Rudd film.

Well thankfully it is not unprecedented for a Michael Douglas film seeing as Fatal Attraction adjusts to over 700m. This is entirely the reason I think Ant-Man will do the same. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I would think there were double features. They don't split the money 50/50, they credit each movie with 100% of the gross. Of course 99% of the people were there to see Infinity War, but Wrinkle In Time receives the same credit in the accounting. 

6 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Ant-man hitting near 700 Million would be huge for a Paul Rudd film.

It would be an increase from the previous entry, which won't hurt at all. Hell remember that starting with AVENGERS, the only MCU movie that didn't hit $650 million was Ant-Man. 

• Like 2