CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

You just need someone with the superpower to enter movies and TV shows and Disney can make the crossover happen. 

Imagine a superhero having to fight a villain as they go through multiple Disney properties. 

Also, there's a multiverse. And the concept of another universe spilling into yours as fiction is not new. DC used it with Earth 1 and Earth 2 decades ago.

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

You just need someone with the superpower to enter movies and TV shows and Disney can make the crossover happen. 

Imagine a superhero having to fight a villain as they go through multiple Disney properties. 

Paging @Nova

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

This would only work as a lego movie.

legit very bankable idea i just had based on that train of thought: crossover event movie with every dumbass character Johnny Depp has played for Disney. Jack Sparrow, Tonto, Mad Hatter, Into The Woods Pedowolf all in one movie. they'd need to work out some kind of Sony/Spider-man deal with Lionsgate to get Mortdecai in there too of course.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

but I think Avengers being filmed fully in Imax

But does it mean much when talking about a digital camera, is it much different than the 6k camera that Fincher was using 5 year's ago ?

http://www.red.com/news/gone-girl-first-feature-film-shot-in-6K

Is Imax more than a brand name just plugging Phantom 65 together and putting the brand on it ?

Anyway maybe, but there is already a list of big title fully that had 4k intermediate workflow like Avengers did, like Star wars Last Jedi.

You can see a list here (put 4k intermediary in the filter and everything that can fully use it (35mm, 65/70mm, 3.6k and up digital) in the second collum:

https://referencehometheater.com/ultrahd-blu-ray-title-info/

2 hours ago, baumer said:

Better paid, sure.  But there's a difference between making sure Evans gets six mill as opposed to two and Downey getting 100 million per film.  It just seems excessive to me.  

RDJ is doing what most people with the power to negotiate their salaries do: getting as much money for his work as his employer is willing to pay. His salary isn't excessive because he's that valuable to Disney. The responsibility for scaling back Downey's compensation lies with Disney brass, not him. He knows better than anyone that the days when he can command such fees are limited so he's being prudent and making as much money as he can now. That's what any smart person would do in his place.

This argument about RDJ's pay comes up now and again but it really doesn't make any sense. Sometimes people act as though he and other actors are taking advantage of these multibillion-dollar entertainment conglomerates when nothing could be further from the truth. They are paid only as much as studio executives think they are worth. When the ROI goes too low, then we will see paydays for lead actors shrink.

• Like 3

Just now, Barnack said:

But does it mean much when talking about a digital camera, is it much different than the 6k camera that Fincher was using 5 year's ago ?

http://www.red.com/news/gone-girl-first-feature-film-shot-in-6K

Is Imax more than a brand name just plugging Phantom 65 together and putting the brand on it ?

Anyway maybe, but there is already a list of big title fully that had 4k intermediate workflow like Avengers did, like Star wars Last Jedi.

You can see a list here (put 4k intermediary in the filter and everything that can fully use it (35mm, 65/70mm, 3.6k and up digital) in the second collum:

https://referencehometheater.com/ultrahd-blu-ray-title-info/

I was wondering, but I'm not sure, I know it gives them some better aspect ratios, I need to see that Imax version to truly see the difference. 

34 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Spider-man 3 cost THAT MUCH? Where on earth did that money go?

Before the 2008 crisis I imagine it was not seen has that specially much, it is a third entry a lot went to the people making the movie I would imagine and not on the screen, but SFX back then was costly also.