Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

6 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

He said Kraven and Mysterio are appearing in other projects. This is from the THR article:

So I dunno, maybe they are getting solo movies after all. Crazy as hell but could be fun.

Yeah. I actually would be very much down for just  a Venom & Carnage movie 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

NO.

NO.

Carnage deserves to be a villain in a Spider-Man movie where Venom already exists. It makes no sense to introduce Venom as a hero or anti-hero or whatever in the 1st place, and Carnage is not the right villain to just shoehorn in and quickly give Venom something to spit on. Fuck that, he's one of Spider-Man's coolest, most evil and most interesting villains.

Ugh. Whatever.

• Like 1

I don't care what Amy Pascal said, I can't and won't see this movie within the context of the MCU. Sorry Sony, I just don't trust you. If Marvel Studios is producing, like Spider-Man: Homecoming, then that's a different story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

I don't care what Amy Pascal said, I can't and won't see this movie within the context of the MCU. Sorry Sony, I just don't trust you. If Marvel Studios is producing, like Spider-Man: Homecoming, then that's a different story.

Marvel Studios won't produce R-rated movie. I mean R-rated Venom/Carnage movie with Tom Hardy in the lead role sounds amazing. Yeah, Sony and Rothman can frick everything up, but if they somehow manage to produce a good movie, it would be far better than another PG-13 MCU movie that feels excatly the same like all other MCU movies. There's no need in MCU connections for this kind of movie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

This could go so many ways. I'm actually pretty curious to see what  the hell comes out of this.

This is about how I feel about the project as well. I want to remain optimistic, but a very cautious optimistic... lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RandomJC said:

This is going to be an interesting train wreck of a movie.

I really doubt how much appeal a Venom film without Spidey will have for the mainstream non comic book geek audience.

Granted, Suicide Squad did well but that could be a outlier. Sony should be smart and keep the costs down on this one.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I really doubt how much appeal a Venom film without Spidey will have for the mainstream non comic book geek audience.

Granted, Suicide Squad did well but that could be a outlier. Sony should be smart and keep the costs down on this one.

I'm pretty sure I could say the phrase "I really doubt how much appeal an X film" ten years ago and say any of these following names; Iron Man, Captain America, Antman, Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, Black Widow, Suicide Squad, Aquaman, or Flash.

• Like 2

Called it. Cletus Kasady is Eddie Brock's second greatest nemesis, so it only makes logical sense that they'd insert Carnage into this film. No Spider-Man? No problem.

Assuming that Sony actually does have their shit together, which I'm still not 100% certain about.

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

Marvel Studios won't produce R-rated movie. I mean R-rated Venom/Carnage movie with Tom Hardy in the lead role sounds amazing. Yeah, Sony and Rothman can frick everything up, but if they somehow manage to produce a good movie, it would be far better than another PG-13 MCU movie that feels excatly the same like all other MCU movies. There's no need in MCU connections for this kind of movie.

I feel like they have gotten close with daredevil and luke cage. Especially luke cage.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 4:57 AM, NoobSaibot said:

Called it. Cletus Kasady is Eddie Brock's second greatest nemesis, so it only makes logical sense that they'd insert Carnage into this film. No Spider-Man? No problem.

Assuming that Sony actually does have their shit together, which I'm still not 100% certain about.

How are they gonna explain Venom's Spidey like powers and appearance without Spidey's presence?

• Like 1