Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Record breaking weekend.  100 million second weekend.  Nothing crumbling about it.  Just expectations were too high.  Blame on it @WrathOfHan for thinking it would drop 43% second weekend.  :redcapes:

Record breaking weekend isn’t a point against with crumbling though. Crumbling is about the relative performance after the weekend. Like, Jumanji’s run was great, but if stapled Jumanji’s 2nd+ weeks onto IW’s first the resulting numbers would actually be an example of a movie crumbling.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2018 at 8:45 PM, That One Guy said:

A couple days ago I thought 110M was a pretty reasonable prediction for Infinity War (and that was me being conservative).  The fact that it has a possibility of going lower just shows that it’s hard for an MCU film on as large of a scale as Infinity War to get great legs.  The low end is about on par with Civil War.

On 04/05/2018 at 9:05 PM, CoolioD1 said:

my prediction is the estimate's gonna go up and folks are gonna spend a whole weekend clowning you again for this one.

On 04/05/2018 at 9:30 PM, CoolioD1 said:

giphy.gif

please-dont-sidious.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's not going under 32m on Sunday so I win

A 30% Sunday drop doesn't seem too out of the question if it's on that low end (never said I thought  it was super likely)

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Disney right now.

giphy.gif

The movie also let Disney pump out SpiderMan, Guardians, Avenger, and Deadpool toys all in one go.

they’ve already won.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2018 at 4:17 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

Oh boy here we go again. Maybe, just maybe, people should wait unti, the Saturday number comes from rth before posting an opinion about IW’s 2nd weekend performance ? The opening weekend thread was embarrassing and the same people seem to want to look like  clowns again so soon ? Whatever, I will wait for actual numbers....

Okay the actual numbers are here.  thoughts?

31.4 + 48 + 34.1 (-29%) = 113.5 (-56%)

31.4 + 46 + 31.7 (-31%) = 109.1 (-58%)

On the higher end would be a better 2nd weekend drop than Winter Soldier's 56.6%.

IM3, CW and AOU were 58-60%.

GOTG2 had a 55% drop.

That AIW is looking at a sub-60% drop is miraculous IMO considering it's a three-quel that broke the OW record.

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Would you care to post a projection for that one? RTH says 46-48 Saturday. I think 46 is pretty safe. Still only 8 PM Central and 6 PM on the West Coast. Would not surprise me if it goes above his high end of $48m by the time of the night is over. That said, I'll go with 46 for now...

FRI - $31.43m 

SAT - $46m (+46%)

SUN - $32m (-30%)

That's $109.43 million. Jurassic World was $106.59 million. 

:Venom: