ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think you're overestimating how long the strike would be and how far back things would need to be pushed. Less months and more likely weeks.

But even a couple of weeks delay would probably mean the December films miss their release date. Post production usualy goes up until a week before the release.

And Hollywood strikes have a history of going on for along time.

New flash.Union announced the strike will begin on Monday Oct 18th if no deal is reached.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

Pretty crazy how lucky Eternal was in terms of release date and strike impact.

I've heard of movies having final post production deadlines the day right before the premieire, so that would be this Sunday for Eternals, the day before the strike happens.

11 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

I wonder how far this movie is along. The premiere is next Monday so it's likely this thing is already complete and will be unaffected by the strike. It might be Marvel's swan song for the year though, depending on how things go.

Eternals is complete . Feige does not like running post production right up to the last possible moment and likes to have his films finshed much earlier then other studios.

Sony, however, is not ran by feige, and Spidey NWH is still deep in post production ,and will certainly be dealyed i the strike goes on for more than a couple of weeks...and Hollywood strikes have a history of going on for a long time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Pretty crazy how lucky Eternal was in terms of release date and strike impact.

I've heard of movies having final post production deadlines the day right before the premieire, so that would be this Sunday for Eternals, the day before the strike happens.

As I said, Feige does not like taking working up to the  "Drop Dead" date....the date the film has to be locked and complet if the release date is to be met.  He likes his films to be completed with a comfortable safety margin. This makes him very unusual in the industry, were working up to the last possible moment seems to be the rule rather then the exception.

Dirty little secret: A lot of times the prints  for the general release are still being made when the world premiere happens.

A classic exmaple of going up to the last possible moment is LOTR:Return of the King. That one went as close to the wire as any film would want to go. The documentary in the EE version of the film gives the gruesome details. Basically they were working on it right up to a couple of hours before the negative had to be on it way to LA if the release day was to be met.

Apparetnly Jackson made a single print from the negative for the Wellington Premiere. He did not even have time to view the entire completed film before the world premiere. the premiere was the first time he saw the entire film in it's final form.

And I suspect that things got a lot nastier and uglier at WETA  then the documentary shows.The stress must have been horrible.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Let There Be Legion said:

Those are social media embargo rather than review embargo I think.

It's reviews, social media for MCU is always right after premiere and reviews a week later.

Also, it will be screened at Rome Festival the same day and there's no embargo at festivals. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, exomassey said:

I saw on interesting tweet and it said Eternals gives off Man of Steel vibes. I’m not sure I disagree but again I haven’t seen the finished product.

What do you guys think?

Based on what I know, the structure is similar in that main events happen in present time but there's a number of flashbacks that connect to what's happening today. They are not talking about quality, just the back and forth storytelling. 

It happens when you don't want anyone to know you are telling an origins story, so instead of starting with how so-and-so began linear storytelling, he already is lets say Superman but flashbacks reveal how he began, so non-linear.  

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exomassey said:

I saw on interesting tweet and it said Eternals gives off Man of Steel vibes. I’m not sure I disagree but again I haven’t seen the finished product.

What do you guys think?

That tweet said the trailer gave off Man of Steel vibes, not the movie itself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, exomassey said:

What do you guys think?

It's Snyder fans bitching that Eternals "copied" Man of Steel because Ikaris flies and punches people. That's it.

• Like 5