ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

2 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I told everyone! I am not coming in here! You will regret dragging me in here!

Captain America Marvel GIF by Box Office

I have 5 1/2 more days of review free, spoiler free, drama free, vacation from the Internet. I’m having a lovely time in Sims 4 land.

Steve is really successful as an interior decorator and painter, and Sam is a gourmet chef looking to own his own celebrity restaurant.  They live with their two dogs in a penthouse apartment. And they, like me or completely unaware of whatever Drama TM is happening. 

Chris Evans Selfie GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

eter.png

:ohmygod:

I guess this is the end of the relationship between Chloe and MCU? Like, seriously, she's not only getting banned by  CCP/getting restricted from China market (which damaged the film commercially) but her Eternals is also the first rotten Marvel film. I don't see any logical point of keeping Chloe for the sequel.

Edited by honeycookiez

13 minutes ago, honeycookiez said:

I guess this is the end of the relationship between Chloe and MCU? Like, seriously, she's not only getting banned by  CCP/getting restricted from China market (which damaged the film commercially) but her Eternals is also the first rotten Marvel film. I don't see any logical point of keeping Chloe for the sequel.

They will replace her the same way the replaced Alan Taylor and the directors of Captain Marvel. Marvel like to give small or no name directors a chance at a big blockbusters but if it don’t work out as planned then they have no problem replacing them in a heartbeat.

Edited by Nikostar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Honestly, considering how much Feige gassed her up, I imagine she'll get another chance at an MCU thing.

Star Wars got Jenkins after WW84's reception...

I do think it's premature to claim Zhaos career is over before the fucking opening weekend though. Jesus you people are a bummer.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Star Wars got Jenkins after WW84's reception...

I do think it's premature to claim Zhaos career is over before the fucking opening weekend though. Jesus you people are a bummer.

I’m old enough to remember when Scott Pilgrim bombed (got Universal people fired) and people were worried about Edgar Wright

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Nikostar said:

They will replace her the same way the replaced Alan Taylor and the directors of Captain Marvel. Marvel like to give small or no name directors a chance at a big blockbusters but if it don’t work out as planned then they have no problem replacing them in a heartbeat.

Alan Taylor didn't came back because he and Feige have serious problems during production.

CM directors won't came back for the sequel but they didn't leave Marvel, last time i heard they're developing a D+ series for Feige.

I bet Chloe won't come back if she doesn't want. Feige likes her a lot, only have great things to say about her work, her direction on Eternals is praised overall even in many negative reviews. The main problem with this movie for reviews is script and despite Chloe having her credits on it, the overall basis of it was written by the Firpo brothers, they could be replaced way easier than her. The reception for this was far from a disaster, and audiences can still enjoy it, i think these statements are extremelly premature and doesn't have any real reason, some directors made really well received MCU movies and doesn't came back either, this doesn't mean much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikostar said:

I think it's just very likely. So before this whole trainwreck happened, I saw YouTubers and Redditors had serious talks about Marvel should be brave and keep hiring Chloe for other MCU projects despite the fact that her name and her works already got banned from China market. I guess they assumed that an Oscar winner can't immediately produce a rotten film after an Oscar-winning film. I already questioned their logic at the time because, seriously, telling a money-making machine like Disney to abandon their potential money and customers??? 
I don't think Disney is a hero either, they hired Chloe when she was a no-name, with no Oscar, and not to mention the drama with CCP happened when Eternals was in post-production already, there was nothing they could do.
I'm not talking about canceling!Chloe or whatever, I think It's embarrassing to see Eternals become the first rotten MCU film of phase 4 and in the entire brand. I don't expect Feige to trash talk about Chloe and Eternals because the dude is professional and always respects women, but I don't see why Marvel should keep working with her.

Edited by honeycookiez

The next director to work with these characters has their work cut out for them, to say the least.

That is, if Marvel even wants to use these characters again at all. If there is a followup, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see everyone besides Dane Whitman get killed off within the first five minutes, if not off-screen inbetween installments.

One thing's for sure: Zhao probably won't be looking back on this too fondly. Wouldn't be surprised to see her join her peers and talk shit about Marvel movies in a decade or so when she's promoting her next indie feature.

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

I dont see it staying fresh with so many more reviews left. The only question is how far will it drop?:sparta:

Would be pretty disappointing to hit Man of Steel numbers. Those are 0714291f051dd9d203d18078cdeae652.gif

nah we gotta hit the 40s and 30s, pump up those numbers 

WjLn.gif