Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

37 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Oh that’s exactly why Disney bought Star Wars, so they could sit back and do nothing else with it

Yup they bought Star Wars just so they could do nothing with it. All of those films, they were just part of a pyramid scheme so others studios wouldn't be able to swoop up the brand name. That evil mouse house.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The only people offended by identity politics, inclusion or representation are bigots. I don't mind if they sit out a movie because that means I won't have to cross their paths at the theater.

I am no bigot and I am offended by any kind of policy that cares about people only as groups and not as individuals.

You can attack the character of people who disagree with you all you like, but it'd be a better discussion if you could focus on the arguments.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Sw need a new story, new characters! 

They have new characters...and they are bland af so much so their merch doesn't sell. It's an epic clusterfuck - they fucked up old favorites while failing to create worthy successors.

tumblr_o1ex2xANix1r6w4h8o1_400.gif

Edited by Valonqar

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

AMATW could definitely pull 100 for OW. Its 3 day should at least be over Solo’s 3 day. 

I didn't say anything about the three day.  I said good luck in Ant-man grossing more in three days that Solo does in 4.  I don't AM doubling its previous opening weekend.  

When's the last time any sequel doubled its opening weekend in a span of three years or less?  In other words, don't give me reboots like JW and TFA.  I mean direct sequels.  Pick any film, not just comic book movies.  There's one that I can recall off the top of my head and that is John wick to John Wick 2.

20 minutes ago, John Marston said:

TLj’s poor reception definitely played a part. Combining it with the lack of interests = the horrible numbers we have now 

and what shitty marketing? Apparently Disney spent more money on marketing than Fox did on Deadpool

You think because a movie spends more money on marketing than another means it has better marketing?

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

They have new characters...and they are bland af so much so their merch doesn't sell. It's an epic clusterfuck - they fucked up old favorites while failing to create worthy successors.

tumblr_o1ex2xANix1r6w4h8o1_400.gif

I mean new story , so no Skywalker, Solo ecc ecc

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

They have new characters...and they are bland af so much so their merch doesn't sell. 

I'm assuming he meant it needed cool and interesting new characters.

30 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Best 5th Weekends for Live Action Comic Book Movies

Title (Year) — Fifth Weekend Gross (Drop from Fourth Weekend)
4. Avengers: Infinity War (2018) — 16.5 million (-44.0%)*
6. Wonder Woman (2017) — 15.7 million (-36.9%)

Those Wonder Woman legs, despite a $160m difference on opening weekend :wub:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

TLJ should have revealed Snoke serving his Sith Lord mastermind Jar Jar like the whole fanbase wanted and all of this mess could’ve easily been avoided.

maxresdefault.jpg

original-14330-1446502077-3.png?downsize

p2qxzxlyotfxnio8pu4i.jpg

5 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I am no bigot and I am offended by any kind of policy that cares about people only as groups and not as individuals.

If that was your (or anyone else's) takeaway from TLJ, then we clearly did not watch the same movie.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Also Star Wars has a lot of politics being shoved in that audiences may be turned off by, and The Last Jedi was not liked by audiences.

What?

So I was going through my on demand selection of films and so many comedies from the early to mid 2000s have such rotten scores and yet did extremely well at the box office.

Given the impact rotten tomatoes has today, I wonder if those films would have still made money like they did then. 

3 minutes ago, nevermore said:

Maybe Solo will be a lesson that nostalgia bait doesn't work forever.

4 identical Star Wars films in 3.5 years, it’s madness.

Does hiring a diverse cast count as forcing politics on people?

Or letting women and black people have dialogue? 

Might be too much of a stretch for MCU fans. 

Not interested in Star Wars, just saying. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1