Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

44 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

IW was released WAY too early in April to get a Labor day expansion.

Maybe if it was released in June like Wonder Woman or something it would have gotten it.

Avengers released one week later got one.   

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I didn't even realize it was going to have Wednesday previews.

I think he's talking about the Incredibles 1+2 double features that are happening this Wednesday in IMAX screens exclusively.

• Like 1

Just now, Daxtreme said:

Is there a special holiday in the US next week-end? Why are people predicting 10% drop for AIW?

Regardless, those are some sweet-ass actuals.

Father's Day on Sunday causes increases or tiny drops for action movies. Both previous Avengers movies increased on Father's Day Sunday

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

There haven't been any hot takes this weekend so here's mine. Ocean's 8 is better than Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12. 

Wow, can't wait to see it :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Is there a special holiday in the US next week-end? Why are people predicting 10% drop for AIW?

Regardless, those are some sweet-ass actuals.

Father's Day. A great time to see Thanos, the greatest dad of all time. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 2

Tickets sold today at my theater (late shows haven't started yet but everything is currently empty outside of Hereditary, Artemis, and Deadpool):

Ocean's 8: 208

Solo: 66

Book Club: 44

Infinity War: 41

Hereditary: 32

Deadpool: 28

Adrift: 24

Upgrade: 16

Hotel Artemis: 14 (the morning and late afternoon shows sold nothing)

Life of the Party: 12 (the late afternoon show sold nothing)

Action Point: 8 (the two afternoon shows sold nothing)

Adrift is definitely going to go split screen with Artemis before Book Club. If they want to give Incredibles 4 screens, it'll go and they'll just put Book Club on the split screen.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

do second run dollar theaters still exist?  how many in the US?  is this number depleting?  any experts?

They exist but I don't believe they're as numerous as they were before. A movie will get its dollar run towards the end of its time in theaters and if I'm not mistaken it's usually just for a week. 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

There haven't been any hot takes this weekend so here's mine. Ocean's 8 is better than Ocean's 11 and Ocean's 12. 

8 ~ 13 > 11 >>>>>> 12.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I don't know if its better than 11, but its certainly better than the sequels. It really is a female-equivalent to 11. I did like 11 more, but that's almost besides the point because more than anything it was *different*. Plus, it was a lot of fun, and smart in a lot of little ways.

Its the movie Ghostbusters *wishes* it had been.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nova said:

They exist but I don't believe they're as numerous as they were before. A movie will get its dollar run towards the end of its time in theaters and if I'm not mistaken it's usually just for a week. 

It depends on the film. The discount theater nearest to me has been playing Game Night for almost two months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1