Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:14 PM, Jonwo said:

Poor @GraceRandolph got pwned by Incredibles 2.

As much as Brad Bird doesn't want to do another Incredibles film, the temptation must be there for Disney and Pixar although it could be a very long time. Wonder if Pete Docter has any ideas for an Inside Out sequel? I imagine after TS4, it's going to be originals for a while but I could see them doing IO2 say in 2024 or 2025

Looks like Ocean's 8 had a good drop, considering I2, I think WB will be pleased with how it has fared. Tag's doing alright.

TO keep with the positng of Don Corleone's funeral, racerandoph's creditability is Solazzo and Incredible 2 is Michael Corleone, and last weekend was the Italian Restaurant ....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

That IM is better than Dory’s (which also opened on FD weekend).  That could mean we’ll see some better holds going forward this week too, as if it had sequel rush factor I’d expect it to have a worse IM.

4 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Is it just me or did a lot of films outside of I2 not perform as well as past Father’s Day Sunday’s? Was expecting a few increases but looks like they either dropped or stayed flat 

Well I2 is the only one that really appeals to a father's day crowd. I mean if you're old enough to watch DP2, then your dad is probably too old for it. lol

• Haha 1

FINDING DORY dropped 24% on Father's Day Sunday, but only dropped 43.5 on Monday. Should we expect a bigger drop for INCREDIBLES 2?

TOY STORY 3 fell 51.3% on Monday. That seems more likely.

Edited by JB33

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is over 54%

On 6/15/2018 at 3:33 PM, Barnack said:
On 6/15/2018 at 3:04 PM, MovieMan89 said:

50% drop for O8 wouldn't be that good. Then again, it is FD weekend so it's at a disadvantage on Sunday.

In a vacuum not but for a franchise movie with 4M previews inflating the OW and playing against a mass appeal (with a crowd that play more female than male) 185m opener....

Some long time reboot/sequel/who knows how to call them.

Blade Runner 2049 with A- cinemascore -52.7% against happy death day and foreigner (quite the different audience, so no competition)

Magnificent 7 with a A- cinemacore: -55.0% against a good competition in Deepwater horizon but that was a 20m opener.

50% from O8 B+ cinemascore/high previews figure and the huge competition, do sound close to good for it, I could see a 20m (-52%) easily happening.

Like expected, 50% drop would have been actually quite good for O8.

Tag was popular in the Woman over 25 demo creating some competition, but Incredible 2 was crazy and did around 72m at the box office from the women over 25 demography this weekend.

A movie like 50 shades of grey for comparison made a bit below 60m from women OW, under and over 25 combined, it was maybe a bigger competition than Force Awaken opening for that demography..

• Like 1