WrathOfHan

Green Book | Limited November 16, Wide November 21 | TIFF Audience Award Winner | Peter Farrelly | Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali

TIFF tends to go with choices that aren't 100% expected and shun those that they think everyone will vote for. Like, "OK, everyone will vote for ASIB so I'll give it to the little guys" x 1 million guests. :lol:

either way, this is shaping up to be a late in the year crowd pleaser with Ali getting in in supporting with Grant and Elliot (everyone else outside of those 3 is up for grabs). I'm pulling for Viggo to make it in the Lead assuming that murmurs of placing him in lead and Ali in supporting are true.

27 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

TIFF tends to go with choices that aren't 100% expected

Are you sure in recent time, the previous recent last 10 winners:

3 Billboards

La la land

Room

Imitation Game

12 year's a slave

Silver Linings Playbook

Where do we go now ?

King Speech

Precious

Slumdog Millionaires

Lot of 100% obvious contender in there, I would say most, when TIFF was not such a popular event in the past featuring many best picture candidate that was more true maybe.

Green Book IMDB/Rotten tomatoes users rating are through the roof too, 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

3BB was surprise cause most people expected Shape to win audience award. Or maybe I remember it wrong? 🤔

It was expected (has in a contender for the win), people expected Lady Bird, Florida Project, Tonya, Shape or this to win.

56 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Friend saw an advance screening of this last night and said it was the best movie he's seen since The Force Awakens. Make of that what you will.

Here's what I'll make of that. A direct comparison to The Force Awakens is a strong indication that the film is capable of appealing extremely well to the general audience. A lot of people have stated that this could very possibly perform like Wonder did last year, and frankly, I believe that's certainly possible. This can be both a crowd-pleasing film and a nation-healing film, and Universal is about to look really smart for marketing it as aggressively as they have.