WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Lots of people that worked with Stan Lee hated him or at least fought with him - Kirby included because they felt he was taking credit for their work and shafting them.

Ditko reportedly didn't do interviews either, not even when SM hit it huge as a film - not with reporters or even film makers.  He was the JD Salinger/Greta Garbo of Comic Artists

According to wikipedia Stan Lee claimed there was no bad blood andvthings were friendly the last time the spoke in the 90's (maybe).

So they weren't really friends or enemies according to Stan Lee.

Also someone else claimed Ditko recieved royalty checks.

I'd imagine they were more than a few bucks.

Though it is interesting the creators of the Dr Strange movie avoided contact with him completely because they felt they would be unwelcomed.

Hmmm.

11 minutes ago, dVmatrixmathi5xdU said:

I think there is a forum where anonymous users quote other anonymous users so its all up in the air.  Here, quoting users can sometimes become a selective process and the only way I see around that is to change social online parameters, minimize the window a bit so you don't see who is saying what, or to try and practice the Matrix Revolutions 'look past the flesh' bit where content > impression and then it is just a matter of timing which might be a battle of when to time something and when not to and when it matters, and possible if testosterone can have a play in this?

People underestimate the importance of timing enormously, because its really hard to know when the key time is.

• Like 2

Don't see how 85-95mil is a surprise opening. It's a great opening but not a surprise opening to me at all. Disney always low balls their numbers to make their good to great numbers look even better. It made no sense for it to open under 85mil. Can't wait to see it.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

10 minutes ago, Wrath said:

People underestimate the importance of timing enormously, because its really hard to know when the key time is.

it is tough to pinpoint a natural time relative to anything.  probably a trait of being stuck.  but not of being lost and drifting.

19 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

According to wikipedia Stan Lee claimed there was no bad blood andvthings were friendly the last time the spoke in the 90's (maybe).

So they weren't really friends or enemies according to Stan Lee.

Also someone else claimed Ditko recieved royalty checks.

I'd imagine they were more than a few bucks.

Though it is interesting the creators of the Dr Strange movie avoided contact with him completely because they felt they would be unwelcomed.

Hmmm.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything nice said about Stan Lee from people that have worked for him. It’s almost always shady business practices and taking credit for shit never did.

As for royalties it was probably not much at all. This is an industry that still claims The Flash was created by nobody. That’s how far they refuse to give credit. No man created The Flash it was all DC Comics apparently.

Edited by AJG

Let s go bold, where no one has gone before :

Having the personal phone number of Kevin Feige in 2018

is probably

the equivalent of having the personal phone number of Spielberg in the 80's.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

90 m is no biggie for Ant-Man 2?

The first Iron Man made 98 m OW.

Actually $102m -  (and$125m adjusted) - its silly that IM is the only MCU movie with it's Thur previews separated out when discussing B.O.

A film released 10 years into the MCU building reputation, brand and audience under Disney's coffers is a also a bit different than an Independent studio's first movie.

Still, it's still a great number.

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

90 m is no biggie for Ant-Man 2?

The first Iron Man made 98 m OW.

102 including Thursday night previews, and that was literally over a decade ago. 90 is good for AM&tW, but not so far above what you could have reasonably guessed 2 years or 2 weeks ago that I'd expect a big hullabaloo about it. Hopefully Rthanos drops a Fri number near 40 and we can maintain some tension for the next few days.