Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Venom with -55.5% drop - 35.7m | A Star is Born -34.7% - 28m | First Man disappointing with 16.5m | Goosebumps 2 16.225m | Bad Times for Bad Times At The El Royale with 7.225m

Fantastic hold for Venom all things considered. shocked this wasn't as frontloaded as the other superhero comedies that came out this year on their 2nd weekend (AMATW and DP2).

I know this is a stretch (and will mainly depend on China) but can you imagine if a Sony made Venom movie that's not set in the MCU nor featuring spider-man outgrosses the freaking Justice League? :sparta:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Fantastic hold for Venom all things considered. shocked this wasn't as frontloaded as the other superhero comedies that came out this year on their 2nd weekend (AMATW and DP2).

I know this is a stretch (and will mainly depend on China) but can you imagine if a Sony made Venom movie that's not set in the MCU nor featuring spider-man outgrosses the freaking Justice League? :sparta:

That would mean Venom will outgross most of MCU's origin movies as well.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

1 hour ago, Mulder said:

>imagine thinking this is even a good take down of my points

I never would've thought there would be actual Venom stans

Let me know when you're ready to make a point. And I actually didn't like the movie

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Let me know when you're ready to make a point. And I actually didn't like the movie

Except I did in that initial post you quoted you didn't say anything at all to counter it.

4 hours ago, DAJK said:

To be fair, I don’t see why First Man can’t end up playing out like Bridge of Spies (mid teens opening, awards contender with little hope of winning anything big other than technical/supporting?). 70/70 split would be kinda nice for this given the opening. We’ll see though.

Could be hard, Bridge of Spies had a A cinemascore and not a large part of is business relying of keeping IMAX screens.

Is internal OW / previews ratio was of 30.74 and kept pretty much is theater counter equal from is OW for 5 weeks, first man started in an impressive 3,640 theater and will face a really big movie next weekend, while Bridge of Spies had nothing that opened before week 4.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mulder said:

Except I did in that initial post you quoted you didn't say anything at all to counter it.

"Oof at Venom's drop, sequel isn't going to go well" and "Literally no one is saying Venom is dropping well" were your supposed points....anyway, I'm quite ready to move on...assume you are too

14 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

"Oof at Venom's drop, sequel isn't going to go well" and "Literally no one is saying Venom is dropping well" were your supposed points....anyway, I'm quite ready to move on...assume you are too

>Ignoring the initial post you quoted which is where I made my points

Venom could be 550 ww without China:

OS-China weekend was 70 for 235 cume. So 235 + 70*1.5 = 340 is reasonable.

Dom could do 142.8 + 35.7*1.9 = 210

340 OS-Ch-Japan + 210 Dom = 550

Only 80 away from Ant-Man2 ww. Will get 10 odd from Japan so China will need 70 to beat Ant-Man2.

• Astonished 3

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I wonder if Sony will start up that Black Cat movie again then?  

Venom's doing well enough as to where I don't think they have an excuse not to try it. I personally think it'd be a mistake to follow up Venom with Morbius.

29 minutes ago, catlover said:

They missed Indonesia again. It opened with $6m last week so by now, it should be around $9m+.

They didn't miss it, it just not on the list.

The Global totals are correct.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1