Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Venom with -55.5% drop - 35.7m | A Star is Born -34.7% - 28m | First Man disappointing with 16.5m | Goosebumps 2 16.225m | Bad Times for Bad Times At The El Royale with 7.225m

Good drop for Venom. One of the few poorly reviewed comic book movies that the audience actually likes. Good for all involved. I was dead wrong about it's legs, I'm not afraid to admit that.

A Star is Born had a very good drop. Not surprising. Cooper and Gaga are good in it and have good chemistry, the film is entertaining and the songs are good. It's a good movie that is being rewarded.

Disappointing numbers for First Man. The trailers were fine but unfortunately gave you no reason to care. It looked cold and emotionless. I don't forsee anything special legs wise, it looks like it was made for critics but I've been wrong before. Who knows?

Goosebumps opening is okay considering it's lower budget.

12 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Good drop for Venom. One of the few poorly reviewed comic book movies that the audience actually likes.

Critics tried to put the hit out on Venom and they failed spectacularly.  I love it.  Maybe now they can get back to reviewing films instead of feeding franchise wars for clickbait. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

Critics tried to put the hit out on Venom and they failed spectacularly.  I love it.  Maybe now they can get back to reviewing films instead of feeding franchise wars for clickbait. 

I don't agree with your assessment. That the critics are all biased thing is childish nonsense from fanboys. It's not a war. One can disagree with critics without trying to make that into some silly war. Sometimes people agree with critics and sometimes they don't. It's not a big deal. 

I haven't seen Venom because it looks like shit to me BTW. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

anigif_enhanced-21554-1422569214-28.gif?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I don't agree with your assessment. That the critics are all biased thing is childish nonsense from fanboys. It's not a war. One can disagree with critics without trying to make that into some silly war. Sometimes people agree with critics and sometimes they don't. It's not a big deal. 

I haven't seen Venom because it looks like shit to me BTW. 

When they say outlandish things like "Catwoman 2.0" when it's obviously at the very least a serviceable production then yes I do believe it's clickbait.. So I disagree with your take on this.  Sometimes critics feed into fanboy nonsense.  It's no big deal.  

I have seen Venom and it's pretty solid BTW. 

• Like 2