aabattery

Weekend Thread | Asgard sneaks up on p.24 ~ H2018 28, ASIB 8.1, V 7.9 GB2 4.4,FM 3.7

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Based on the fanbase of the franchise, this is probably heading towards slightly higher than the Nun OW. 55-60m on that number.

I think it’ll be frontloaded too, an opening in the $60m range looks possible. Which is gigantic for this 

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

In all seriousness, Jason Blum has to be one of the smartest businesspeople in Hollywood right now. He sees a profit every time (and as an added bonus, most of the movies he produces get positive receptions too).

The Blumhouse model doesn't always succeed but it's an impressive hit rate and it's not just the horror films as well as he produced Whiplash and BlackKklansman on low budgets as well. 

I think Halloween might give other studios thought to revive their old properties. I think a new Nightmare on Elm Street would be something WB/New Line would consider. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Good preview number, the weekend depends on how frontloaded to Friday it will be. Probably a 60-65M weekend currently. Maybe it can get to 70. 

Reading the Deadline report, I saw that Paranormal 3 opened to 8M midnights. That franchise had a huge fall from grace at the end.

Not trying to sound pessimistic at all but no way does Baumer’s club happen now. Even if the movie’s great, it’s probably going to be front loaded as hell. 65M looks like tops for it at this point, even if legging it to 70 wouldn’t surprise me.

But I’d be shocked (and pleased of course) if it somehow made it to 80

• Disbelief 1