Eric Duncan

PAPA NOL∀N'S TENƎꓕ | August 26 internationally. September 2 "in select US cities" | 75% on RT after 228 reviews

12 minutes ago, Marcos12 said:

I don't think trailer views are really important to know how much a movie will make, Interstellar trailer that has the most views is 28m and  movie made more money than Dunkirk who has trailer with 41.7m of views.

If trailer views mattered THAT much then Detective Pikachu would have done 800mil-billion and Shazam would have done like 500-600mil so I'll be honest, when it comes to Warner Brothers movies, I don't care about them as much.

• Like 1

This is going to be epic. I can't freaking wait. The GOAT is back y'all!!!

I saw this top comment (at least it was) in the Youtube comments section of the trailer.

"This man knows how to start a decade".

2000 Memento

2010 Inception

2020 Tenet

I can't wait with what movie opens the next decade 🙂

8 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Looks like this movie is an apology from Nolan to those who feel his movies are too whitey white. Has gone ahead and made a black person the lead. Good on him.

This is the first time I have genuinely liked a trailer for a Nolan film. 

Or Nolan liked John David Washington for the role and cast him. It's possible for white directors to like black actors without any guilt involved.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Poster they released today looks a lot like Inception's marketing. I don't think the movies are connected, but it wouldn't shock me if they are. 

There was speculation a top secret per se before the release of the trailer that Tenet and Inception are connected. And that Pattison's and Debicki's characters are Cobb's children. But nothing more substantial than that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Does anyone remember when it was falsely rumored that this film would be a romantic drama? That was pretty funny. 

That’s probably gonna be his 2022/2023 film.

I still want him to do horror, thriller/mystery ala Knives Out, and fantasy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stephanos13 said:

There was speculation a top secret per se before the release of the trailer that Tenet and Inception are connected. And that Pattison's and Debicki's characters are Cobb's children. But nothing more substantial than that.

Yeah. Now here's an interesting conspiracy angle/question. What's the better strategy? Announce upfront that your movie is an Inception sequel, or let the audience find out during the movie itself that it's an Inception sequel and then let WOM spread? The 2nd approach could be a pretty cool way to add extra boost to WOM, assuming the movie itself is good quality. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stephanos13 said:

Imagine if Leo has a special appearance in this movie. Audience will go wild.

• Astonished 2

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah. Now here's an interesting conspiracy angle/question. What's the better strategy? Announce upfront that your movie is an Inception sequel, or let the audience find out during the movie itself that it's an Inception sequel and then let WOM spread? The 2nd approach could be a pretty cool way to add extra boost to WOM, assuming the movie itself is good quality. 

I would go with the 2nd as well in this hypothetical scenario. 

A similar example but not quite the same is Split/Unbreakable but the two films are only connecting in the last scene of the film.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

That’s probably gonna be his 2022/2023 film.

I still want him to do horror, thriller/mystery ala Knives Out, and fantasy.

I want him to do a James Bond movie

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Imagine if Leo has a special appearance in this movie. Audience will go wild.

Put that appearance in the last 5 minutes and it would potentially be a similar effect to the spinning top at the end of Inception. Adding gasoline onto whatever positive WOM the rest of the movie already had to begin with. But the key is the movie as a whole has to be damn good in the first place or else that kind of gimmick move with Leo would be pretty hollow. 

• Like 1