Eric Loves Rey

CinemaCon 2019 Discussion Thread l April 1-April 4 l Paramount (1 ET/10 PT) Lionsgate (5:15 ET/2:15 PT)

Just now, nevermore said:

It's gonna make less than the first one

I don't know, I feel like Pennywise being such a huge Halloween player for the last 2 years would have only helped awareness. Also, that film had pretty solid WoM. Not expecting a big increase, something like $15-20m.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I don't know, I feel like Pennywise being such a huge Halloween player for the last 2 years would have only helped awareness. Also, that film had pretty solid WoM. Not expecting a big increase, something like $15-20m.

I think it will be like Deadpool. First movie is a big breakout hit and the sequel decreases every so slightly.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Feels like deadpool. They should involve children in marketing, a lot. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

One thing that's in Joker's favour is that it's a $55m movie so it doesn't have to do huge numbers to be successful. 

Just got penalized and threadbanned in the Joker thread for saying I really don't like what DC are doing with their budgets post-Aquaman.

For some reason it was considered trolling. (Maybe because of your moronic Marvel/DC wars here that I've only heard of and never been a part of.) It is NOT trolling. I am genuinely disappointed and alarmed.

Pocket-change budgets for superhero movies is NOT a good thing - and if anyone here thinks the opposite, (and is NOT a movie producer, who are the only ones that benefit from that), he is shooting himself in the foot.

That is my opinion that I had voiced in the Birds of Prey thread. Now it seems things are worse than I thought, so I made the comment about the Joker. Won't be voicing my opinion again - unless another "big" superhero movie gets budgeted at 50 million.

PS: No need to thread-ban me, I don't hate the movies at all - just their budget.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Alli said:

That moment you try to make fun of people you consider pathetic, and end up writing a thread of 9 long tweet-jokes that aren't funny and only get 13 retweets on your verified Twitter account, which makes you look pathetic on your own. Yikes. That was cringe-worthy.

Everybody knows there isn't a Snyder Cut ready to be released. But it was reported that Snyder shot his version entirely. The studio could finish his earlier version of the movie and release it on home video if they wanted to. That's what fans have been asking for. Maybe it doesn't make any financial sense for the studio, but it could be done. It's something doable.

Maybe it's pathetic to still be asking for something the studio made clear they have no intention of giving, but writing a 1,500-words thread-joke about it after all the time that has passed doesn't make you look any better. And to still be bullying people who are only showing support for someone/something they love without causing any harm to anyone also makes you look like a real bad person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1