CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

This was the trailer views for Crimes of Grindelwald after 24 hours

On 3/14/2018 at 2:56 PM, Arlborn said:

Over 5.5M views on Youtube.

5M views on the main Twitter.

17M views on FB.

How's that, anyone knows?

After 12 hours, this one is 3M on YouTube, 1.4M on Twitter and 700k on Facebook. 

Will likely get about 5M on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook look bad.

6 hours ago, Goffe said:

Saw it again. Goddamn this looks like crap. Hogwarts' interiors all computer generated hurt, deep.

Feeling a 35/80 domestic and 300m ww.

DOM will likely be over 100m, but OS will be way bigger than 250m lol. Cmon. Why would this fall almost 250m from the last one. It will do at least 350-400m OS. You really disregard how strong the Potter fandom is OS. And that alone will guarantee that WB will be happy to continue this franchise as planned. 

Looking at this trailer, the one thing that makes me rage against CoG is that they killed Leta. She would have been an AMAZING double agent and instead it they're giving Kama screentime. 

The roles should have been reversed - she was by far the most popular character alongside Grindelwald and Dumbledore in CoG and she would have been very popular throughout the series. 

Such a shame she died - wasted potential for the broader story.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Looking at this trailer, the one thing that makes me rage against CoG is that they killed Leta. She would have been an AMAZING double agent and instead it they're giving Kama screentime. 

The roles should have been reversed - she was by far the most popular character alongside Grindelwald and Dumbledore in CoG and she would have been very popular throughout the series. 

I liked Zoe Kravitz in the last movie too and I definitely agree about the wasted potential. 

I liked that she and Newt had a history and I felt they could have tapped into that more to provide some better character development/backstory for him and her but alas they didn't really do that.

Something I remember from the first movie is that Newt was apparently expelled from Hogwarts and a bit later Rowling teased that Leta Lestrange might have had something to do with that. But of course that whole bit of potential backstory/plotline was tossed aside and died with Leta's character, disapointing.

Edited by Gazer365
  • Like 2

The damn Depp stans have gotten so fucking annoying, all those #bringbackjonnydepp hastag nonsense I keep seeing under FB post across social media is so redundant and pointless.

Look, Depps situation with Heard was/is real messy and Warner Brothers just didn't feel like dealing with that press anymore so thats why they decided to let him go. Regardless how the situation was handled that shit has been done and over with for a year now, his "fans" constantly commenting "#bringbackjohnnydepp" on HP and FB social media posts has gotten redundant and wont do jack shit.

Pretty sure Depp has moved on and isn't calling for people to harass the actors or even the studio, so these fans need to chill tf and go outside to get some fresh air. I'm don't blame Mikkelsen for deactivating his Instagram; similar but on a different level stuff happened to people like Kelly Marie Tran and Daisy Ridley when fans kept harassing and complaining to them about their issues with the recent trilogy on the social media accounts like the shit was their fault. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Noctis said:

Seemed a bit of a waste to kill her off only minutes after the big reveal of her backstory. Not to mention with all the character development she got in the movie, but ultimately Rowling merely used her as a tool to give Newt a reason to "pick a side", which could've been done in a number of different ways. Why not show Grindelwald killing one of his beasts instead? I'm sure that would send him into rage mode.  

EDIT: However credit where credit is due with her ambiguous last line. Did she speak to Newt, his brother or both? I liked the way they shot that. 

Edited by TheBigYawn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TheBigYawn said:

Seemed a bit of a waste to kill her off only minutes after the big reveal of her backstory. Not to mention with all the character development she got in the movie, but ultimately Rowling merely used her as a tool to give Newt a reason to "pick a side", which could've been done in a number of different ways. Why not show Grindelwald killing one of his beasts instead? I'm sure that would send him into rage mode.  

EDIT: However credit where credit is due with her ambiguous last line. Did she speak to Newt, his brother or both? I liked the way they shot that. 

Her scene with Dumbledore was one of the best scenes in CoG, and that entire scene was written as a way that would make someone think she would have a multiple-film arc of redemption and coming to peace with her guilt. 

Which makes sense since Kravitz revealed Leta was not supposed to die, but was killed off in a last minute decision.

• ...wtf 1

36 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Trailer just came and went. Better hope this is the last one because this is dropping hard. Pretty arrogant to think they could still  stretch this out to 5 films after how bad the last film Was

I, too, think the third one should have been the last one, but assuming they don't wrap up the plot in this one I hope for a fourth movie. But if this one bombs they can release the next one as an HBO movie or something with a lower budget only to finish the series. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Noctis said:

Looking at this trailer, the one thing that makes me rage against CoG is that they killed Leta.

I think the idea was to use her to push Newt into this war againt Grindelwald. I think they wasted great character on something that coud've been achieved much easer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WeThrones said:

It's interesting that on box office forum no one actually talks about box office performance of this movie lol

What are your predictions? How much this movie has to earn to get a sequel? 

The movie will likely need to make over 400 mil ww to be considered profitable. I've said it before but I don't think this movie is going to bomb horribly, but I do think it will go down from the previous movies gross of 650 to between 400 and 500 mil.  But like someone else said if all else fails they can just release the next movie as an HBO max exclusive.

• Like 1