TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

2 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Wtf.. Captain Marvel hold is insane. 😱😱😱

No effect of Shazam. Is deadline smoking pots or something?? 

Could be that shazam cannibalises more from Dumbo than Captain Marvel.

58 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Marvel really has no problem at all to make unknown superheroes box office hits. When a universe is connected its much easier to sell in these obscure characters with the audiences. Shazam doesn't have that advantage.

I agree 1000%

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Still too early especially for a more kid/family focused superhero movie.

If it does $18m then it's acting very much like a normal CBM with 33% coming from Thur previews, ratio is even a bit higher than AQM & GOTG2 (probably b/c of 4pms)

Deadline is pulling numbers out of their ass. Let’s wait for Rth. Using their numbers, CM would have to have a better weekend off of itsThursday than its had during any of its weekends. What are they predicting as the Friday number? Maybe it’s an awesome Endgame bump, so I guess possible! Dumbo would only increase by a little over 100% on Friday? For a children’s movie that is insanely low. 

Edited by Ms Lady Hawk
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, TMP said:

B&TB doesn't hold a candle to B:TAS imo.

They are totally different takes, both amazing in their own ways. BTAS is the definitive version in my opinion. BBATB is a sobert, a refreshing take on the character after years of GRITTY DARKNESS. 

• Like 1

FRIDAY MIDDAY: New Line/DC’s Shazamis currently at this point in time looking at a $18.9M Friday, a 3-day of $49M and including previews a running total of $52.3M. Note late night business yesterday pushed its Thursday higher, so we might see the same again tonight, plus Saturday matinees, natch

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Wtf.. Captain Marvel hold is insane. 😱😱😱

The Russos are promoting a Chronological Countdown to AEG. Captain Marvel just so happens to land today. Russo power? 🤷‍♂️ 

Or, maybe it is people like my friend, who isn’t even a MCU fan, telling me they need to see CM in theaters before AEG. 

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

They are totally different takes, both amazing in their own ways. BTAS is the definitive version in my opinion. BBATB is a sobert, a refreshing take on the character after years of GRITTY DARKNESS. 

Brave and the Bold was such a breath of fresh air, when you consider it came out at the same time as The Dark Knight, a lot of fanboys didn't want to like it and they even parodied it on the actual show!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If it does $18m then it's acting very much like a normal CBM with 33% coming from Thur previews, ratio is even a bit higher than AQM & GOTG2 (probably b/c of 4pms)

This the movie is maybe more family, but tracking indicating a very male+25 heavy audience, who knows, but it could play very much like an regular SH movie multiplier wise (or caugth on WOM style and have some family movie legs latter)

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Further DL updates

HOLY SHIT DUMBO

tenor.gif?itemid=5345929

If Dumbo wasn't directed by one of my favourite directors, and it looked like another Disney conveyor-belt projects I'd be happy with this result. But honestly, it's a lot more artistically colourful and imaginative than a lot of their other stuff, so I'm worried that its performance is going to deter them from taking artistic risks again. 

• Like 1

It’s too early. Though I will say, the IRON LAW OF KONG* tells us that CM will have a weekly drop of 31.2-34.4%. Shazam made me doubt, but perhaps I shall be shown the error of my ways.     

*Valid only until Apr 13. 

5 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Even compared to something like Teen Titans Go To The Movies, BBATB was kind of bad. None of the jokes really land, even for the standards of kids cartoons for my then-11 year old mind.

Batman '66, however, is legitimately great.

Edited by TMP
  • Thanks 1