TMP

Weekend Thread | Actuals - The Other Captain Marvel 53.5 | The Secret Death of Pets 24.5 | Pachyderm Joker 18.2 | The Just-Us League 13.8 | Formerly Known as Ms. Marvel 12.4

54 minutes ago, ElsaRoc said:

Just like the ratio skew for Iron Man 1 & 2 was troublesome for the future? 

IM ratio was troublesome for IM2. WW doesn't have Avengers in the future but at least JL didn't hurt Aquaman so it shouldn't hurt WW either.

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

They get compared constantly because there are only 2, not in spite of it. It’s like “hmm, I want to compare CM to a recent female led CBM, my options are... oh, right, I have no options. WW it is I guess.”       

A few years from now people will be able to compare female led MCU to other female led MCU and female led DCEU with other female led DCEU.

See, this bothers me...they are not compared b/c there are only 2 female superhero led CBM movies from DC and Marvel.  They are compared b/c they are the only two RECENT tentpole movies from those companies that HIT and HIT BIG.  I mean, it was only 14 years ago that we had Catwoman and Elektra back-to-back...and 2 decades before, 1984's Supergirl...

But comparing Captain Marvel to anything over a decade ago, especially these movies, none of which really got off the ground box office wise (which is being nice - let's stay nice:), is why Wonder Woman is the comparison point.  But, I did want to make clear that we have had previous female superhero tentpoles, so what's different now is not that they exist, but that they can now draw the huge audiences that their fans have dreamed of.

And yes, for the record, I have watched all those old female DC/Marvel solo female supers movies:)...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, this bothers me...they are not compared b/c there are only 2 female superhero led CBM movies from DC and Marvel. They are compared b/c they are the only two RECENT tentpole movies from those companies that HIT and HIT BIG. I mean, it was only 14 years ago that we had Catwoman and Elektra back-to-back...and 2 decades before, 1984's Supergirl...

But comparing Captain Marvel to anything over a decade ago, especially these movies, none of which really got off the ground box office wise (which is being nice - let's stay nice:), is why Wonder Woman is the comparison point. But, I did want to make clear that we have had previous female superhero tentpoles, so what's different now is not that they exist, but that they can now draw the huge audiences that their fans have dreamed of.

And yes, for the record, I have watched all those old female DC/Marvel solo female supers movies:)...

I mean, I did specify "recent" right there in the post 😛 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I mean, I did specify "recent" right there in the post 😛 

I know...it's just a button I have...as a movie buff, I just wish more people knew that movies not named Star Wars did exist before 2010...and sometimes, they didn't even suck:)...(most on this board know that, including present company, but sometimes, I see a few posts in a row...and you know:)...

Y’all are sleeping on WW1984 DOM, as it will likely be the biggest film of the summer and second place to Avatar 2 DOM. I can see $500M DOM easily as it’ll be the main CBM of the year.

I suspect both Black Widow and Fast 9 will do around $185M-$230M DOM, In The Heights will make some decent coin as I can see a $200M DOM possibility, and whatever originals both Pixar and Nolan are cooking should be around $250M-$300M DOM, and Minions 2 will go sub $200M.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Y’all are sleeping on WW1984 DOM, as it will likely be the biggest film of the summer and second place to Avatar 2 DOM. I can see $500M DOM easily as it’ll be the main CBM of the year.

I suspect both Black Widow and Fast 9 will do around $185M-$230M DOM, In The Heights will make some decent coin as I can see a $200M DOM possibility, and whatever originals both Pixar and Nolan are cooking should be around $250M-$300M DOM, and Minions 2 will go sub $200M.

You may ne onto something.I just checked the schedule and in 2020 there are only 2 cbms coming before WW84.One is a DC Film actually celebrating DC women and the other one is an untitled Marvel film.Honestly I can't figure what Marvel may put there but this could very well change to some other Disney release or be something not of Marvel's big guns.And if GOTG2 was not enough to stop WW then nothing Marvel will put out can seriously hurt it.Now I can see WW84 getting above the original and maybe the 500M mark.Will still need to see more...

I mean from their announced project les only BW could make the dateml.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Agreed it has way more room to grow OS. DOM could potentially be a Spider-Man 2 situation though I do think WW84 increases DOM too. 2020 Summer looks far less packed than this year.

Wonder Woman made over 400 million domestic and has a 93% certified fresh score on rotten tomatoes. I mean, there's no way in hell WW84 beats either of those measurements. It will make over a billion worldwide because of overseas markets. I can see it growing worldwide although I suspect much more mixed reviews. 

• Sad 1