Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

You know what this weekend reminds me of?  The out-of-nowhere explosion of JW.

By that I mean, people expected JW to do well, but the way it smashed all expectations and kept going up and up and up just lead to an amazing ride of a weekend.

It's just in this case EG was already starting from a massive TFA/IW sized head start. It was already expected to absolutely nutty business. It then obliterated even some of the more optimistic scenarios out there (though not all, before some folks chime in) and keeps going up and up and up.

JW on massive humongous  steroids might be a good way to put it.

EG is, of course, so much much much more impressive.  But that's the feeling I'm getting right now (and I wasn't even really paying attention to the box office at the time).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

These numbers are insurmountable to the point that I'm pretty sure it's gonna be at least another decade until they're surpassed.

I think we can expect a huge insane number when we get a movie featuring Avengers + X-Men + Fantastic Four against Galactus.

Someday that will happen. I'm absolutely sure.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 3

Lol, it's hilarious thinking about how excited we were when we got the Saturday number for IW just last year. Like, that number's not just going to be beaten. It's going to be obliterated.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think we can expect a huge insane number when we get a movie featuring Avengers + X-Men + Fantastic Four against Galactus.

Someday that will happen. I'm absoultely sure.

Drools. Hopefully that's the next saga after the Infinity saga.

The Coming of Galactus.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

I know this sounds absolutely crazy, but imagine if Endgame actually pulled off the same multiplier as The Avengers. 😱

It's hard to imagine a worse multiplier than Infinity War with that CinemaScore. 

Ahem

On 4/23/2019 at 10:02 PM, eddyxx said:

Endgame domestic > Captain Marvel worldwide 

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

You know what this weekend reminds me of?  The out-of-nowhere explosion of JW.

By that I mean, people expected JW to do well, but the way it smashed all expectations and kept going up and up and up just lead to an amazing ride of a weekend.

It's just in this case EG was already starting from a massive TFA/IW sized head start. It was already expected to absolutely nutty business. It then obliterated even some of the more optimistic scenarios out there (though not all, before some folks chime in) and keeps going up and up and up.

JW on massive humongous  steroids might be a good way to put it.

EG is, of course, so much much much more impressive.  But that's the feeling I'm getting right now (and I wasn't even really paying attention to the box office at the time).

It's definitely an apt comparison. It's amazing how Marvel continuously gets to have its cake and eat it too by having an insane built in fanbase for these films that's probably the most loyal atm but also is seemingly accessible to everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

The Avengers (2012): A+

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015): A

The Avengers: Infinity War (2018): A

The Avengers: Endgame (2019): A+

BALANCE. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2