Eric Duncan

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Dude when you don't know shit about box office even after explaining, I think you shouldn't comment on how BO works. Half knowledge is dangerous 😈

I'll let Charlie explain it to you.

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

0% chance. China 3 days will be $230-240mn. 5 days will/may be more but that's not apples to apples.

34 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

This is the front right hand corner for the 7:30 session at Event George St in the 806 seat theatre. Use your imagination for the other 3 quarters. 

rUf6Swa.jpg

I'm seeing similar stuff here of shit selling out, besides the really late night sessions they've only recently added, but I'm sure they'll be popular too once people realise earlier sessions are sold out. ANZAC tomorrow so you can stay up late! The 1AM Imax session is now just under 90% full too.

Haven't seen this tweet here

China Box Office: Early estimates suggest that Avengers: Endgame is going to make $95-100M on opening day, including $28M from midnights. It would help it to get $280M-plus on 5-day debut. WOM is incredible: 9.2/10 on Douban, 9.3/10 on Maoyan, 9.4/10 on Taopiao.

20 minutes ago, pepsa said:

That would be nuts, because Wed will be around $180m and Thursday will also do around $135m. So in that case it OW (all days) would be $1.315B and if this happens then avatar would likely go down.

So I don't think 1B FFS is possible, but hey it's EG.

Ah that’s true! 

Do we consider Tuesday and Wednesday grosses as opening “weekend”? I know BOM list the Thursday international numbers separately?  

I wish everywhere was just day and date, would be so much easier lol 

11 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

it's not official until Thursday but the sale is live. get a Gold Account for half off for the month or for a quarter off for the whole year!

(the ecstasy of another year of liking whomever I damn well feel like whenever I damn well feel like 👍)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ah that’s true! 

Do we consider Tuesday and Wednesday grosses as opening “weekend”? I know BOM list the Thursday international numbers separately?  

I wish everywhere was just day and date, would be so much easier lol 

Yeah that counts to the OW because for example is some countries like Belgium almost every movie opens on Wednesday, same in SK (you have exeption just like in the US) but some markets just have different opening frames. 

20 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Haven't seen this tweet here

China Box Office: Early estimates suggest that Avengers: Endgame is going to make $95-100M on opening day, including $28M from midnights. It would help it to get $280M-plus on 5-day debut. WOM is incredible: 9.2/10 on Douban, 9.3/10 on Maoyan, 9.4/10 on Taopiao.

As of 5pm China time it's already made $92m including mid-nights.  Combined should be closer to $110m on it's way to $300m+ 5 Day

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

As of 5pm China time it's already made $92m including mid-nights.  Combined should be closer to $110m on it's way to $300m+ 5 Day

Thx a lot

I am on page 555 reading what I missed at spoiler free, than OS and China will follow. A LOT of pages for 12 hours no online :what: my eyes are still a bit dry, cinema was rather full (sticky air, something was strange), based on discussions with son I missed to stop air-conditioning system in the car, have slept ~ 2 hours....

What a crazy weekend this will be....

• Astonished 3

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Thx a lot

I am on page 555 reading what I missed at spoiler free, than OS and China will follow. A LOT of pages for 12 hours no online :what: my eyes are still a bit dry, cinema was rather full (sticky air, something was strange), based on discussions with son I missed to stop air-conditioning system in the car, have slept ~ 2 hours....

What a crazy weekend this will be....

So how many repeated viewings this weekend for you? :D

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

So how many repeated viewings this weekend for you? :D

One time for Endgame in German, as I didn't understood all what was said in the cinemas during 3 scenes at least.

Additional noises were a main reason, like sobbing men and women, cheering, laughing, partly clapping one or two times the hands together in between (repeatedly) before they 'uupsed' and were silent again. For a viewing in a German cinema: I'd describe it as emotional responses

Biggest reason early in and most annoying was a late arriving group of maybe 8 ppl (son says 20 miuntes into the movie), who spoke rather very loud arriving and didn't stop for a time beside a few hundred people shushed them in chorus. Till the person sitting beside me (they were in front, we were 2nd row farthest away from the screen) loud yelled sh.. the f... up!!!! That got a cheer too, especially as they finally got it.

I will try to find another screening for CM also 😉 

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Imo if any movie deserves to pass Avatar it’s EG. It’s earned whatever it’s going to make by building up to this point, it has been a great run of movies in the mcu.

I can’t wait to see the movie twice this weekend and see all the numbers roll in. 

• Haha 1

I would have said that I am on board of the EG OW over captain marvel WW total hype train but Captain marvel has been holing great the last few weeks so now it would need $1.145B and whilst I am thinking 'only' 1.12B.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I would have said that I am on board of the EG OW over captain marvel WW total hype train but Captain marvel has been holing great the last few weeks so now it would need $1.145B and whilst I am thinking 'only' 1.12B.

Only 1.12 how dare you. Kidding lol

• Haha 1