Eric Lasagna

AVENGERS: ENDGAME WEEKEND THREAD l Actuals: $357.115M | $866.526M OS, $1.223B WW l Russos true box office kings l *** NO SPOILERS - Even Tagged ***| SALE NOW LIVE: 50% Off Gold Montly, 25% Off Gold Annually

6 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Even the Rogue one teaser trailer video eventually got to 45 Million on YouTube, I don't think this one will get there...

Rogue One had Vader hype. To be honest, I kind of feel like a lot of GA people don't remember the Emperor well enough to just recognize his laugh? It felt very... who's that? to me.

Edited by Rebeccas

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Unlikely. After last film being a huge disappointment I don't see it. But if it really is the last Star Wars film for 4 year I think you could be right. The whole finale thing despite muted anticipation might just do it. Plus holidays.

Usually SW movies are really strong on Thursday night so i will not shocked if EP9 could beat EG record.

still crazy numbers for this movie.  Can't wait to see what it actually ends up at when the actuals come in.

I just looked at the top 20 OW dom of all time and I'm shocked I have been a part of 15 of the top 20, as in I saw those movie on OW.

I guess I have been part of history a bunch of times 😛

will love watching endgame numbers on mojo lol

day to 100m:1

day to 150m 1

day to 200m 2

day to 250m 2

day to 300m :3

day to 350 :3

lol

not an event :D

and 11 years ago TDK did 300m in 10 days and it was EPIC ... now that.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

• Founder / Operator
1 hour ago, Avatree said:

I agree. December not easy to compare to right now since TFA had holidays which gave it such good legs. I don't think if TFA had opened in April it would do anywhere near as well.

Agreed with the first half, but I have to say it's hard to compare springtime legs with holiday legs.

In all honesty, with Endgame, I think we're roughly seeing what TFA would have opened to domestically (plus a few years of inflation and PLF expansion) had it released away from Christmas when audiences were planning on catching the movie during their multi-week holiday breaks. Endgame won't have that same advantage, so it's naturally in even bigger demand on the weekend before everyone goes back to work/school this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Usually SW movies are really strong on Thursday night so i will not shocked if EP9 could beat EG record.

If the follow-up to TFA couldn't beat TFA previews, then the follow-up to the follow-up certainly isn't going to beat a new, better number.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Alright, this is crazy. But is it also a new normal for true mega films? 

What movie could open up to $300m+

A Harry Potter reunion? A Friends reunion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

No.

but Captain Marvel totally falls off the cliff like you predicted.

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

TLJ did $45m, and that was coming off the high of TFA.  I expect an end of  trilogy bump in overall numbers (like the previous two SW trilogies) but don't see it approaching TFA numbers o/w numbers (or totals).  The release pattern and theater counts should be the same as the previous two films unlike without the other trilogies.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I honestly think the term mega doesn't apply to Endgame.  TFA, Infinity War - yes, those were mega films.

Endgame is a giga film!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 2