sfran43

Weekend Thread: Endgame 40.6M Friday, 61-62.5m Sat (per Asgard p.49)

4 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Endgame needs a 3.14x multiplier off its second weekend to beat TFA. Far from impossible, but it's not going to be easy either. Infinity War achieved a 2.97x multiplier off its second weekend, whereas The Avengers achieved a fantastic 3.43x multiplier off its second weekend. 

That's my only hope that EG's A+ comes to play here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I got feeling that may be just may be EG beat TFA in 2nd weekend in one of Canada or USA. Can only confirm by Thursday.

O/U 12M for today?

I am thinking drop similar to IW. Dont see much demand now. Most shows are empty except Tiny screens. But its still playing in ginormous number of shows and that should help. As someone said its going to be a weekend film at least until school break.

1 minute ago, Dbui8743 said:

Dont know about other areas, but in Australia, they dont refresh theatre allocation until Thursday Morning.

The North American market is very presale driven at this point. I can see screen counts and showtimes through May 16th. I'm not sure if all that data is available rolled up, but in theory it could be collected chain by chain or location by location if someone had a web page scraper built to do it.

4 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am thinking drop similar to IW. Dont see much demand now. Most shows are empty except Tiny screens. But its still playing in ginormous number of shows and that should help. As someone said its going to be a weekend film at least until school break.

IMAX /Dolby showings are still doing quite well, even for a Monday. 

Also, presales for Friday/Saturday in some IMAX are already filling up. The premium screens will help soften the blow somewhat at this point.

28 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

That's my only hope that EG's A+ comes to play here. 

Films like Endgame don't fade away that easily. The WOM is already absolutely insane, once the word is out that this indeed beat Avatar to become the biggest film of all time is that things go nuts. I see Endgame showing its true legs only by next Monday.

12 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Films like Endgame don't fade away that easily. The WOM is already absolutely insane, once the word is out that this indeed beat Avatar to become the biggest film of all time is that things go nuts. I see Endgame showing its true legs only by next Monday.

Yeah, I'm hoping its 2nd weekend drop will be the big one and from here on out it holds really well. It would make sense. A movie that big on opening weekend is going to have that initial big drop because,like it or not, there is a portion of the audience that will be satisfied after their opening weekend showing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, doublejack said:

The North American market is very presale driven at this point. I can see screen counts and showtimes through May 16th. I'm not sure if all that data is available rolled up, but in theory it could be collected chain by chain or location by location if someone had a web page scraper built to do it.

I have a scraper for Cinemark but it's kinda annoying to run tbh.

28 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, I'm hoping its 2nd weekend drop will be the big one and from here on out it holds really well. It would make sense. A movie that big on opening weekend is going to have that initial big drop because,like it or not, there is a portion of the audience that will be satisfied after their opening weekend showing.

It seems to be continuing to sell strongly in IMAX/Dolby for the upcoming weekend. 

Doing a quick look at some of the big AMC theatres show those shows already filling up. 

It will hopefully be the case that those shows will continue at near sell outs, and with the higher prices soften the drop a little more this weekend. 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

10 PM PST and still no numbers. !!! its only day 10 of the soon to be biggest blockbuster of all time.

easy now champ

the highest grossing blockbuster of all time is what you meant to say

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Juby said:

It's not that flat. I'm just not sure how big Monday will be. Maybe $11 mln tops?

With $11.5M Monday, that would mean around $13.5/14M, the drop is usually similar to the weekend on Tuesday so around 58% drop from $33M.

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

when is school break ?