DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***SPIDER-MAN:FAR FROM HOME SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS ALLOWED***SPOILERS***

I did really love Peter and Gwen in the TASM movies, the chemistry was fucking insane.  They were literally the only reason I liked those movies tbh.  Killing Gwen was such a dumb move, the series was dead to me at that point.

Peter and MJ in the first trilogy are hit or miss for me.  There are some individual scenes that are great (upside down kissing, that scene where she figures out he's Spider-Man), but MJ leaving some dude at the alter is bad and their entire arc in the third movie is unforgivable.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 3:29 AM, captainwondyful said:

Miles or BUST.  I'm really sad we didn't get a shout out to him in this movie.  The five-year Blip is SUCH a perfect set up for Miles to step up as Spider-Man.  

I know this is a couple days ago, but I wanted to talk about this. I feel like the mid-credits scene was kind of a foreshadowing for Miles. Peter's on the run, but there's no friendly neighborhood Spider-Man to take the reins. Miles knows Peter is a good guy for helping his uncle or whatever, so he becomes a new Spider-Man, teams up with Peter or whatever, bam ya got a movie.

Also, is the whole Multiverse concept just non-existent, or at least not happening any time soon, since Mysterio was lying and whatever? With all that build-up in the trailers, it really sucks if Marvel won't do anything with that.

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

I know this is a couple days ago, but I wanted to talk about this. I feel like the mid-credits scene was kind of a foreshadowing for Miles. Peter's on the run, but there's no friendly neighborhood Spider-Man to take the reins. Miles knows Peter is a good guy for helping his uncle or whatever, so he becomes a new Spider-Man, teams up with Peter or whatever, bam ya got a movie.

Also, is the whole Multiverse concept just non-existent, or at least not happening any time soon, since Mysterio was lying and whatever? With all that build-up in the trailers, it really sucks if Marvel won't do anything with that.

Multiverse was alluded to in Doctor Strange, but the part about the snaps tearing a hole betweeen realities looks to have been pure Mysterio BS.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Multiverse was alluded to in Doctor Strange, but the part about the snaps tearing a hole betweeen realities looks to have been pure Mysterio BS.

And that line wasn’t even in the movie. It may have just been a deleted line from the fake-exposition dump, or it could have been recorded just for the trailers (which I still suspect was the case for the many Mandarin lines that were only in the trailers for IM3). Deception-ception? Anybody hear a foghorn?

Edited by TServo2049

Okay, sure, Watts doesn’t know who is next, but if it were completely up to him, who would it be?

“Oh, I would love Kraven. It’s just the trick of how do you do Kraven in a movie?,” says Watts.

MFW I've been criticizing Jon Watts as a boring director for 2 years but then I loved this movie and now he wants Kraven in the next one:

VUd8WrS.jpg?1

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, IceFire9yt said:

I did really love Peter and Gwen in the TASM movies, the chemistry was fucking insane.  They were literally the only reason I liked those movies tbh.  Killing Gwen was such a dumb move, the series was dead to me at that point.

Peter and MJ in the first trilogy are hit or miss for me.  There are some individual scenes that are great (upside down kissing, that scene where she figures out he's Spider-Man), but MJ leaving some dude at the alter is bad and their entire arc in the third movie is unforgivable.

I really hated Peter and MJ in the first trilogy. One of the biggest flaws in the first two otherwise very good movies, and then it just spiraled out of control in the third. It just felt very forced and I didn't get the sense that the two characters actually loved each other. I liked Peter and Gwen in TASM movies because as you said there was good chemistry and the characters had a believable connection to each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

MFW I've been criticizing Jon Watts as a boring director for 2 years but then I loved this movie and now he wants Kraven in the next one:

VUd8WrS.jpg?1

Yes!

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if that's already the plan and he's just acting like he's coming up with it on the spot. Kraven would be another step towards the Sinister Six.

One thing that bugged me (no pun) about this was what a blatantly huge, Big Brother-y invasion of privacy EDITH is, and we're supposed to go "Oh cool! Tony Stark has access to everyone's personal information at all times! Sweet!"

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

One thing that bugged me (no pun) about this was what a blatantly huge, Big Brother-y invasion of privacy EDITH is, and we're supposed to go "Oh cool! Tony Stark has access to everyone's personal information at all times! Sweet!"

That is a good point. People have railed against TDK for the surveillance plot point in the third act, but at least that film acknowledged how questionable the ethics of such a thing are. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That is a good point. People have railed against TDK for the surveillance plot point in the third act, but at least that film acknowledged how questionable the ethics of such a thing are. 

Spider-Man's a tech bro now, it's par for course for him.

58 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Caring about privacy ethics is so last decade ;) 

Kraven is probably Spidey’s biggest villain yet to not appear in a film, and the only member of the original Sinister Six not tackled yet, so I’d put money on him being next. Spidey as a fugitive is a perfect setup to bring him in too.