That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

12 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

37-38 True Friday for TS4. 

It’s_floppening.Ron_Paul     

If it ends below CM a lot of people are losing points in that Disney rankings contest.   

Edit: Oh dear I was hoping this wouldn’t need /s, but reading some comments that seem serious down below:   

/s

Edited by Thanos Legion

I guess the relatively low trailer views, lack of social media buzz / general excitement was pretty telling afterall, it isn't easy to predict box office based on brand recognition alone. Still very good numbers.

• Thanks 1

This movie will have good legs, panic in here is unwarranted. Although I blame Deadline a lot for jumping the gun with that 200 million talk without realizing that the PS run was way shorter than I2, therefore first day will be inflated compared to it.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Guess we’ll just have to hope this goes the TS3 route. Underwhelming opening but record-breaking worldwide total. That is the only thing that can save us :(

I really think you’re overreacting... there’s nothing wrong with the opening, a fourth movie opening above an already huge 3rd movie is rare. Could be better, but there’s nothing to be save here.

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

This movie will have good legs, panic in here is unwarranted. Although I blame Deadline a lot for jumping the gun with that 200 million talk without realizing that the PS run was way shorter than I2, therefore first day will be inflated compared to it.

I knew the $200M OW talk was ridiculous from the start but $120M? That’s very underwhelming. Was hoping for $150M.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Among others

CP : 4.25 (5.9 inc Previews)

Aladdin: 3.3

MIBi: 3.25

SLoP 2: 3.25

RM: 1.7

A:EG: 0.55

Everything low, death of cinema, sad.    

Spoiler

Alternate* take: Summer is really in full swing now.

* Read: correct

• Like 1

Next one is gonna be The Lion King. Some might be predicting 200 million opening, but I don't think it'll go that high...

Regarding TS 4, the opening number is good. It's all about legs now. A good CinemaScore will do the rest.

What's the budget for it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Next one is gonna be The Lion King. Some might be predicting 200 million opening, but I don't think it'll go that high...

Regarding TS 4, the opening number is good. It's all about legs now. A good CinemaScore will do the rest.

The budget is estimated as being between 175m to 200m. As long as it doesn't somehow sink it its second weekend, it should make a decent profit. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

They didn’t reveal... probably the usual $ 175-200M for Pixar.

• Like 1