That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well this is the first toy Story movie that I have liked immensely. I related to the characters I loved the story and I really enjoyed the ending. Maybe I'm just at a point in my life where the themes in the movie resonate a bit more with me. I also really liked the Duke kaboom character so that helped out a lot.

Lmao, but how when you dislike the others??? So many of these themes are retreads of where the franchise has already been. I think you really need to go back and rewatch the sequels if you enjoyed this one lol. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well this is the first toy Story movie that I have liked immensely. I related to the characters I loved the story and I really enjoyed the ending. Maybe I'm just at a point in my life where the themes in the movie resonate a bit more with me. I also really liked the Duke kaboom character so that helped out a lot.

4+ multiplier incoming.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just rewatched the trilogy and TS3 is still the weakest. the last 15 minutes or so does so much of the heavy lifting for a lot of people i think.

The last 50 minutes are completely flawless. They have the best heart, comedy, and ingenuity Pixar has ever put to film. I agree that the first 50 mins are a tad weaker than I remembered and compared to 2's first half, though 3's opening is also the best opening of the franchise. Basically it's just the introduction to Sunnyside that drags a little bit. 

The movie was okay. Didn't really provoke any strong feelings one way or another. A lot going on at once and several different plot stories at once but nicely woven. Just a fun movie that isn't really that unlike the other TS films. I still liked Aladdin a lot more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Speaking of Shrek 2, it's kind of hard to fathom that doing 70m+ admissions and being as massive as it was. It feels so culturally irrelevant today compared to so many other animated classics from the renaissance through today. 

That’s the magic of Disney for you.

As much as DreamWorks relished finally beating Walt Disney Animation in the box-office during the 2000’s, they are no match when it comes to Disney’s quality branding/marketing machine that is a master at creating timeless classics.

I think DreamWorks got what they deserved (taking the low road with taking cheap shots at Disney movie tropes) with how their entire animated library is more or less culturally irrelevant today.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just rewatched the trilogy and TS3 is still the weakest. the last 15 minutes or so does so much of the heavy lifting for a lot of people i think.

I agree, and this is what all that heavy lifting did for me:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Anecdotal and all but I will say that at the marathon screening yesterday there was all sorts of sniffling going on during the TS3 ending and wet eyes afterwards, vs none to be heard or seen whatsoever for the TS4 ending (though about a quarter of the theater did clap for TS4). 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Anecdotal and all but I will say that at the marathon screening yesterday there was all sorts of sniffling going on during the TS3 ending and wet eyes afterwards, vs none to be heard or seen whatsoever for the TS4 ending (though about a quarter of the theater did clap for TS4). 

ts4 fanboys DESTROYED with FACTS and LOGIC

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Pretty much imo. Toy Story 3 was a rehash of Toy Story 2 and the ending tried so hard to tug on your heartstrings while this actually took the story to some interesting places and the ending was emotional without feeling overbearing. Also, Gabby Gabby > the Purple Teddy Bear villain.

I find it really funny because I was so ready to hate this film (because I wanted no more Toy Story films) but it actually ended up being my second favourite toy story movie.

Gabby Gabby is more likable than the other two villians

• Like 2