That One Girl

Toy Story 4 Weekend Thread | Estimates: Small Soldiers 118, Puppet Master 14.1, Prince of Persia 12.2 (-30%), Blues Brothers 2000 10.8 (-64%), Beverly Hills Chihuahua: The Squeakquel 10.3 (-58%)

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Zootopia and Frozen legs!

How about we stop setting ourselves up for disappointment?

Right now I’m expecting $100M OW and $350M DOM. Hopefully I don’t get disappointed further.

33 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Looking at the Summer Game preseason predictions from April gives me some context, as most predictions for opening weekend fell between $90-125M, with the average prediction being $113M. It wasn't until recently, it seems, with pre-sales and excellent reviews that expectations went up (which is totally understandable, as my expectations rose too).

As someone who just finished scoring Aladdin's weekend, I can say Toy Story 4 hitting $125M would do everyone in that Game a world of good.

:hahaha:

I guess the depressing streak of disappointing opening weekends in June continues if TS4 can't top its predecessor's opening weekend. I still think it can have a good multi but we'll see. Maybe Annabelle will surprise us but based off presales but I doubt it. 

This disappointment despite how many good sign pointing at challenge I2 possibility suggest that how many people actually agreed that TS3 as a perfect ending to this toy trilogy. 

Almost everyone of my friends see that TS3 ending as a true move on point. 

Just now, infamous5445 said:

I know an A is still good but I legitimately thought TS4 would be getting an A+.

I think I said this yesterday, but A or A+ it doesn’t really matter. I2 got an A+ while Inside Out got an A and many believe the latter is better.

If Toy Story 4 opens to what it looks like it's going to open with and doesn't over perform legs wise I'm going to be so pissed off at myself for buying into the hype and not sticking to my thoughts about it being an unnecessary sequel would hurt it.

I still won't see the opening as disappointing because before buying into the hype I was thinking 90-100mil opening weekend, 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superduperm said:

I think I said this yesterday, but A or A+ it doesn’t really matter. I2 got an A+ while Inside Out got an A and many believe the latter is better.

Yeah but an A+ looks cooler.

Edited by infamous5445

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't want TLK to bomb but that's a beautiful dream.

Even if TLK does 200x3.3 or something it will probably only be mid 300s on e.g. July 26. If FFH does 220x1.95 even would be above it and TS4 by then.      

So, as long as FFH stays steady with current OD expectation, it can make the DOM and WW top 3 for a handful of days even with TLK doing excellent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1