Eric Prime

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Possible for sure.  If it gets 350 here, I don't think it's a big stretch to say it will do 650 internationally.

China alone gets close 1 billion and it's beating Homecoming in every market. 1 billion is as locked as you can get.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

@richtmancharles can you please actually contribute to the conversation instead of just hitting "Not Cool" on every post?

Shivampa/Manhunt/Matthew/MadmenEndgame/richtmancharles  -(02/21/19)- Permanently Banned  for trolling multiple threads and creating a duplicate account. 

• Disbelief 1

My theater was busy for Spider-Man even for the 10:30 show last night. With so much demand being burned off during the week I think next weekend will see a sub-50% drop from whatever it posts this weekend (I'm guessing in the $80-90M area), especially with zero competition (Stuber looks lame and Crawl is being dumped with barely there marketing and no pre-release screenings) before The Lion King lands the following week.

Just now, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Shivampa/Manhunt/Matthew/MadmenEndgame/richtmancharles  -(02/21/19)- Permanently Banned  for trolling multiple threads and creating a duplicate account. 

lmao OF COURSE

13 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

Based on these initial numbers, how is $1 billion looking for Far From Home? Possible, likely, unlikely, impossible?

I’m not going to use the “locked” term, but it’s at least 80% likely at this point. It’s going to outperform HC domestically and the OS numbers could be up to 40% higher.

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

Just now, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The bug or "feature" that allows banned posters who can't post to still leave reactions is quite annoying.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 3

28 minutes ago, Alexandros said:

Based on these initial numbers, how is $1 billion looking for Far From Home? Possible, likely, unlikely, impossible?

It is outperforming HC everywhere. That movie made 880M. China alone will add an extra 90M at minimum. So it needs to outperform HC by 30M in NA and OS-China, or 4% to reach 1B.

I'll let you determine the likelihood of that scenario.

Edited by nguyenkhoi282
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

This is something I think we are starting to see with movies more this year. Even if they have great scores that suggest great WOM, the multiples simply aren't that strong because everyone goes and sees the movie the first 7-10 days, since there are so many showings they can meet demand, and there is almost nobody left to give the great WOM to - they've already seen it.

This can be less significant with FFH. July is well known for expanding legs. And this particular July only has one film opening looking as real competition for Spidey. Theater count won't drop much

• Like 1

Also glad to see FFH doing great numbers after typical meltdowns, still could do $ 190M depending on the weekend. Hope it can survive against TLK and finish with $ 400M, but i’ll be satisfied with $ 370-380M

Worldwide this is definitely coming for +1B, the first ever for a Spider movie. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

From now until It 2 there is only one horror movie releasing and I don't see it making more than 20 mil tbh.

I count another 4 between now and then, Crawl, Scary Stories but Ready or Not and 47 Meters Down have no marketing so might get bumped. 

MCU nerd goals...

MCU domestic average is just passing $370m, separate from FFH. That’s one really good goal for FFH. $400m would be great if it happens. 

(Don’t see Black Widow pushing that average higher, but very excited for it nonetheless.)

Given how barren the rest of the summer looks aside from Lion King, Hobbs & Shaw, and to a lesser extent Hollywood I'm sure Spidey will be hanging around through Labor Day weekend. $400M+ will happen if it gets close enough.

Edited by filmlover