Eric the IF

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

24 minutes ago, stripe said:

If this Thursday finishes over 25M, FFH will have 6 consecutive days over 25M. Only happened before with Endgame and SW7.

🤣

Never thought about that.

But that list would look pretty weird:

TFA: 13 (The power of SW and Christmas)

Endgame: 6

FFH: 6 (Tuesday opener???)

Transformers 2: 5 (Wed opener)

Indiana Jones 4: 5 (Thursday opener + Memorial Day)

Black Panther: 4 (Presidents Day)

Jurassic World: 4

SW: ROTS: 4 (Thursday opener)

Aladdin: 4 (Memorial Day)

POTC 3: 4 (Memorial Day)

Matrix Reloaded: 4 (Thursday opener)

Hangover II: 4 (Thursday opener)

AFAIK those are the only movies with more than 3 consecutive days above 25m

All movies streaks got killed by a Monday or a Tuesday, the only two exceptions are TFA and Endgame, where a Thursday was the first day below 25m.

Edited by Taruseth

6 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

@a2k you're good at extrapolating these kinds of numbers. What we looking at for FFH now?

Thanks. Have been all over the place with FFH partly cause of it's novel release date but am guessing the weekend at 90+,

= 91.25

32.5 (+30%)

34.0 (+5%)

27.2 (-20%)

= 93.7

184.95 6-day

Edit: being more conservative with the weekend,

30.0 (+20%)

30.0 (+0%)

22.5 (-25%)

= 82.5

173.75 6-day

179.35 6-day splitting the difference with those 2 sets of weekends above.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, a2k said:

Thanks. Have been all over the place with FFH partly cause of it's novel release date but am guessing the weekend at 90+,

= 91.25

32.5 (+30%)

34.0 (+5%)

27.2 (-20%)

= 93.7

184.95 6-day

Edit: being more conservative with the weekend,

30.0 (+20%)

30.0 (+0%)

22.5 (-25%)

= 82.5

173.75 6-day

179.35 6-day splitting the difference with those 2 sets of weekends above.

if it follows the amazing spiderman we are looking at 190 for six day

19 minutes ago, john2000 said:

if it follows the amazing spiderman we are looking at 190 for six day

yeah. i think if that 30% fri bump happens, to expect a 15% sat bump is optimistic. 

asm1's fri bump was following a big drop on thu.

feel either ffh will have a 10-20% fri bump and 10-20% sat bump or a 30% fri bump followed by a flat sat.

Edited by a2k

6 minutes ago, a2k said:

yeah. i think if that 30% fri bump happens, to expect a 15% sat bump is optimistic. 

asm1's fri bump was following a big drop on thu.

feel either ffh will have a 10-20% fri bump and 10-20% sat bump or a 30% fri bump followed by a flat sat.

i wouldnt say optimistic, again there are many ways this could go, as of now it seems to play a lot better than the amazing spiderman in terms of % but we will see, however i cant see this go lower than 170

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I think a2k's numbers looks really good as a projection.

Saw TS4 at a matinee yesterday with my family, really good film by the way, after it was over I decided to peek into some of the evening shows and there was hardly anybody in any of them. I think by the evening everyone was outside watching fireworks.

I would expect a good gain today as that situation will be reversed with fewer seeing matinees (recovering from last night) and more seeing night shows.

As someone else mentioned, 2013 was the last time the 4th fell on a Thursday. The avg gain on Fri was 28%, with a 1% sat gain and a 23% Sunday drop.

If FFH did that you would be looking at 

an 89.8 weekend and 180.15 6 day

If it has the same multiplier as SM:HC after 6 days that would lead to a 383M DOM total.

Also, those TS4 and Yday estimates for Thursday are really impressive. Suggests their gains today though may be smaller than some other movies as it appears that are playing matinee heavy.

Edited by RamblinRed
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RamblinRed said:

If it has the same multiplier as SM:HC after 6 days that would lead to a 383M DOM total.

It probably won't have those legs considering that the opening had a holiday and the competition FFH will be facing will make double the competition Homecoming was facing. It should be more like 360-370 mil which would be an 8-11% increase from Homecoming.

Edited by lorddemaxus

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It probably won't have those legs considering that the opening had a holiday and the competition FFH will be facing will make double the competition Homecoming was facing. It should be more like 360-370 mil which would be a 8-11% increase from Homecoming.

decent increase

Edited by john2000

2 minutes ago, justvision said:

I propose the forum should have the eighth reaction "we will see" so that John2000 can save some time quoting and replying to posts.

? ah ok ? i guess ? did i say something bad ? that was your problem ? lol

Edited by john2000

Friday bump, flat on Saturday, normal Sunday drop then. So yeah, we're getting a good 6-day number either way. Of course $400 million will be hard, but not impossible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pepper83 said:

No spoilers but FFH is legit so good and wholesome ...I loved it! 

Best spidey movie since Spiderman 2 and makes my top 3 marvel movies (with Iron Man and GotG)

nice, i will see it today, have heard very good things

33 minutes ago, pepper83 said:

No spoilers but FFH is legit so good and wholesome ...I loved it! 

Best spidey movie since Spiderman 2 and makes my top 3 marvel movies (with Iron Man and GotG)

Watching it tomorrow first thing, looking forward to it!

11 minutes ago, PKMLover said:

Latest Updated Numbers Thursday from Charlie

FFH: 25.1 (-7%)

TS4: 7.8 (+4%)

Yesterday: 2.8 (+40%)

Annabelle: 1.75 (-18.6%)

Aladdin: 1.6 (+3.3%)

Endgame: 0.785 (+25.7%)

Can you ask him about Midsommar? 

Edited by Krissykins

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

It probably won't have those legs considering that the opening had a holiday and the competition FFH will be facing will make double the competition Homecoming was facing. It should be more like 360-370 mil which would be an 8-11% increase from Homecoming.

Maybe it will close with bigger DOM. Let's see:

FFH should be at 180M after first weekend vs 117M OW for HC.

Both movies should have a similar 2nd weekend: 45M (FFH won't drop much thanks to opening Tuesday)

So, after 2nd weekend, HC grossed 207M... And FFH could be at 280M+ after second weekend.

From there, runs should be similar.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

That would probably give it a worse multi than ASM which plummeted in it's 3rd w/e against TDKR