Eric Furiosa

SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME WEEK THREAD l 93.6M 3-Day, 185.1M 6-Day. l ****NO SPOILERS**** | Sale $5 off Gold/Premium/Silver l Other #s - TS4 34.3, YDay 10.7, Annabelle 9.7, Aladdin 7.6, Midsommar 6.6 (10.9 5-Day)

38 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I’m not disputing the connection. I’m talking about how this film is the 4th movie with Spider-Man in the past 15 months. 6th since 2016. 

FFH is going to do very well in the box office, maybe even great, but I believe a solid year distance from Endgame (and extra breathing room from Homecoming and SpiderVerse) would have been better for the franchise.

I’ve loved both recent Spider-Man movies, but I agree with this point. Was talking to classmates today about seeing FFH and they were confused about there being another Spider-Man movie so soon after Into the Spider-Verse.

• Founder / Operator
On 7/3/2019 at 9:53 AM, keysersoze123 said:

@Shawn was this projected after knowing OD BO?

Nope, that was based on our earlier tracking. Important to focus on the range mentioned in the article, though. That $200M figure was increasingly optimistic in recent weeks.

• Thanks 1

• Founder / Operator
On 7/3/2019 at 5:13 PM, keysersoze123 said:

So BO.com tweet about 39.52 actual was a typo? @Shawn

Yeah, looks like it was a typo (supposed to be 39.25) unless there was another email out there I didn't see with 39.52 in it. Our bad.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Seems like FFH could have the best WoM for a live action Spidey since maybe Spidey 2. Curious to see the legs.

Lol I was about to say "Into the Spider-Verse says hi!"

The standard since Spider-Man 2 has not been very high at all. Spider-Man 3 was disappointing, TASM1 and 2 were mediocre, and Homecoming was "good."

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, superduperm said:

Lol I was about to say "Into the Spider-Verse says hi!"

The standard since Spider-Man 2 has not been very high at all. Spider-Man 3 was disappointing, TASM1 and 2 were mediocre, and Homecoming was "good."

Ha. Yeah. Made sure to put live action in there for a reason. Spider-Verse had outstanding WoM. 

Think Holland's Spidey has really earned back a lot of the goodwill that was lost. 

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 2

The OS numbers and audience score tell an incredible story (more comfortable invoking that now that it’s been seen by over $100M worth of people and has 20k+ reviews).The DOM OW is just... fine. Normal legs seem like they get to an increase over SMH, but a pretty paltry one — and it’s not like SMH was doing huge number to begin with like SM1, TA, WW, BP.  I wonder if it’ll actually end up having a leggier style run (and then taking more damage from TLK than I thought).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why on earth are some talking like the film is failing or something? This place is so weird.

Either the movie over performs compared to realistic expectations or bombs spectacularly only then will either side will be happy. There is no middle ground

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Why on earth are some talking like the film is failing or something? This place is so weird.

Ugh so many 350m Domestic FLOPS. First Toy Story 4 now FFH. If Aladdin reaches 350 does that mean it goes from awesome to FLOP too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Either the movie over performs compared to realistic expectations or bombs spectacularly only then will either side will be happy. There is no middle ground

Only from the staniest Stans. I thought it could do IM3 numbers. Let's say it doesn't even break CM numbers? Boo hoo that's still 1.1B and a huge increase from Homecoming.

420+680=1.1 would have been great.    

340+760=1.1 is also great, just makes you wonder a bit at what’s up domestically compared to other markets.

Edited by Thanos Legion

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

420+680=1.1 would have been great.    

340+760=1.1 is also great, just makes you wonder a bit at what’s up domestically compared to other markets.

Well after Charlie's latest update the Dom numbers make a lot more sense

• Like 1