charlie Jatinder

Monday (7/01) Numbers

Excuse me fellas. I need some space to rant free if you mind. This is gonna be long so be patient with me and I find this rant necessary. 

First of all exciting times ahead of us since the DAWN of Mortal kombat lays ahead of us. growing up in the 90s and playing Mortal Kombat makes this just extra special for me personally. 

Aside from personal feelings I geninuely believe destiny has aligned for Mortal kombat to break-out in the next decade and become the next big thing to capture peoples attention and I believe Superhero genre fatigue will kick in eventually and something has to replace it and that is why MORTAL KOMBAT HAS RESURFACED in the right time and in the right era

Edited by Geo1500
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

46 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Excuse me fellas. I need some space to rant free if you mind. This is gonna be long so be patient with me and I find this rant necessary. 

First of all exciting times ahead of us since the DAWN of Mortal kombat lays ahead of us. growing up in the 90s and playing Mortal Kombat makes this just extra special for me personally. 

Aside from personal feelings I geninuely believe destiny has aligned for Mortal kombat to break-out in the next decade and become the next big thing to capture peoples attention and I believe Superhero genre fatigue will kick in eventually and something has to replace it and that is why MORTAL KOMBAT HAS RESURFACED in the right time and in the right era

Yeah. I think if it's done like Jumanji could be really fun. People sucked into the game. Otherwise, not feeling it.

46 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Based on your feeling history , I'm glad that I'm not sharing the same feeling with you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Aladdin's the friggin' energizer bunny!

That Big Willy magic man, he's been bottling it up for years and he finally unleashed it onto the world for Aladdin.

That was a pretty good increase that EG got this weekend and I do understand Disney a little with his move, they are so close but people are underestimating just how big "Avatar" was back in 2009.   Even the re-release came 8 months later that next year but still added some dollars because of the bonus footage.   Again I didn't see this "bonus" Footage being the tiebreaker.  So though yes I see a small boost, 26 Million is hard when the movie is about to be on home video and is on the way out.   Disney should of waited for a re-release later for that boost.   Is Aladdin every gonna stop? Lord.   TS4 is still ahead of TS3 for now, let's see what the Holiday does for it.   

Edited by filmscholar

In a complete throwback to the way films used to open back in the early aughts, Sony began previews at midnight for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Far From Home in under 1,000 theaters. The studio is not reporting these numbers this morning, but we hear Far From Home made $2.8M-$3M from a handful of theaters, and note the sequel didn’t play in Canada. Before you jump to conclusions on that gross, read on, but let’s just say sources this morning are very impressed with the pic’s limited midnight release. As far as we know, Far From Home didn’t play at 2am, 3am, or 4am. This morning Far From Home is in full play at 4,634 — the widest July release ever. Already, after a weekend release in China, Hong Kong and Japan, Far From Home counts $110.8M.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/spider-man-far-from-home-midnight-previews-box-office-1202641002/

4 hours ago, Geo1500 said:

A video game franchise that is built largely on its over-the-top violence to the point where many of its game designers are suffering from PTSD, is not the likeliest candidate to overtake superhero films as the four quadrant industry behemoth, but, you may as well have dreams. 

FYI, this is from someone who loved the games from the 90s, and thinks it will probably do well as a niche film for its core market.