Eric the Minion

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

2 minutes ago, Geo1500 said:

Does Marshall the publicist get bonuses or extra zeroes on his check for any of that though? Or is he getting paid exactly the same... plus half-bennies... to tweet and facebook about it. 

This is like the guy who updates listings on Amazon celebrating that Prime Day made Jeff a ton of money... that he'll never have trickle into his own account. 

2 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

Does Marshall the publicist get bonuses or extra zeroes on his check for any of that though? Or is he getting paid exactly the same... plus half-bennies... to tweet and facebook about it. 

This is like the guy who updates listings on Amazon celebrating that Prime Day made Jeff a ton of money... that he'll never have trickle into his own account. 

Yep, So what, A billionare gets more money. Yawn.

*That isn't even counting the fact that no single person should be having billions of dollars*

Edited by ScoobyDoo21

The Farewell's $33K second weekend PTA is the highest second weekend PTA of any movie since Phantom Thread (with $40K). Very impressive, and hints at least a mid-teens total.

Edited by filmlover

2 minutes ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

or like us here who cheer when a movie we root for makes a ton of money..

1 minute ago, LawrenceBrolivier said:

Agree. Nauseating. 

Why will the Marvel panel go down in history? Nearly all they announced we already knew about. 

Cruise turning up with the awesome Top Gun trailer - that was easily the highlight of all the reveals over the weekend for me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

BTW I didn't get the trailer for Cats before my showing of The Lion King yesterday and that was the most disappointing part of the whole experience lol (movie was alright). I guess Universal decided Abominable would be a much much much less nightmare-ish choice to stick before it instead.

Cats it just ...cats. I don't get all this hate, I guess it's just an easy target for the geeks fan and smart people on the internet, people who love smart movie and characters like the ant man (loool). The Movie can be very good for the fans of the show and musicals. The singing animals of the lion king are not less cringe for what i saw in the clips. 

Edited by maxalcamo

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The 8th biggest opening of all time. Where all the "what a flop" folks at?

Underperformer and flop are two very different things.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

I wonder what movie will Disney choose for their Labour Day re-expansion. Given EG is already #1 WW, Aladdin might be at 1B ww by then (and 400 dom is out of reach), TS4 may be above TS3 too (dom and probably ww) ... my bet is for TLK so it to gets as much as possible domestic. I hope TLK can leg it out to 650-700M (3.38-3.64 multipliers). 

Traditionally they've given it to their Pixar film, but they've never had an even bigger film in July before. The Lion King  might still have a high theater count by end of August such that it can't really add much more (maybe just IMAX).

On 7/19/2019 at 10:18 AM, baumer said:

It will not hit 200 OW. Quote me on that.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:28 AM, MrPink said:

Will be frontloaded. 180m OW.

I don't care if Disney is probably underestimating Sunday big. My Jellicles win for today.

• Like 7