Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

9 minutes ago, daraghf.1415 said:

My prediction:
24M previews
68M True Friday
67M Saturday
58.3M Sunday
217.3M Weekend ($45,989 PTA in 4725 Theaters)
217.3M x 2.65 = 575.8M Domestic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beast did 2.89, really don’t see Lion King legs being that low, it’s still a family movie.

One thing that may go against it for an opening weekend is that the rest of summer is pretty lousy for family movies. There's Dora, which probably isn't on most people's radar, but not much else. I can see people opting to waiting to catch this in a week or two, since there's nothing else. 

In terms of milestones, one thing that has occurred to date for Disney is that for every month they have released a film (March, April, May, June and now July), their biggest release that month has or are on track to double the next highest grossing film. For them to keep that streak alive, TLK needs to double the expected gross of S:FFH. Not impossible (especially if this has staying power), but definitely on the very high end of expectations. 

The streak will end in October regardless, as I don't think anyone feels Maleficient 2 is going to light the world on fire, but Frozen and Star Wars probably achieve the feat to close out the year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, daraghf.1415 said:

My prediction:
24M previews
68M True Friday
67M Saturday
58.3M Sunday

:Venom:

11 minutes ago, daraghf.1415 said:

:winomg:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, daraghf.1415 said:

My prediction:
24M previews
68M True Friday
67M Saturday
58.3M Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that is not good prediction at all

217M is very high as previews looking between 20-21M

180-200M opening is the range, also the internal multiplier is wrong (like sat lower than true friday)

more like

20M previews

55M fri

59M sat

50M sun

184M opening

also 2.65x multi lol

Edited by Permanent Magnet