Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

While comparing with TS3 we need to recognise the fact that North America number of TS3 were inflated by a very favourable C$ ER.

That strong Japanese Yen was so awesome. And the strong Euro too.

23 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Dont assume your opinion counts for other people too

This isnt an opinion, small budget movies even with oscar winners arent floop proof, oscars are degrading in viewer numbers and at some point it isnt even mentioned that the actor was an oscar nominee or even winner. Mentioning that Selma hayek was nominated for an oscar 16 years ago, is completely unrelevant and even counterproductive.

• Like 1

I haven't heard of anyone in that cast except for Jolie and Hayek. Hayek is far from a star. She's like ketchup. A nice addition for flavour but on her own her name doesn't mean much. 

Bryan Tyree? Wtf is that? Richard Madden? Who? 

All star is instantly recognizable names. Not fringe actors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 3

Just now, Coldbird said:

This isnt an opinion, small budget movies even with oscar winners arent floop proof, oscars are degrading in viewer numbers and at some point it isnt even mentioned that the actor was an oscar nominee or even winner. Mentioning that Selma hayek was nominated for an oscar 16 years ago, is completely unrelevant and even counterproductive.

Again: in your opinion.

Beside, only bcs something is loosing % doesn't make it non-existent

Why should a 16y back nom not count? She made a name for herself with that movie (and others)

Are you even aware about GA, members here,.... are old enough to have seen it as it got released? And/or followed then the awards? Do we have to delete our brains for those kind of impressions to conform your POV? (sarcasm)

And again, cult counts too.

Its all a question of definition.

No one bothered to ask for one before jumping on the member, that is, what's here about on my side.

= in the end it was not defined which kind of star.

Hollywood movie star is only one of many many possibilities.

And even with them, depends a lot how old someone is, into which genre someone is most interested in and in which region or even country someone lives in.

As an example:

I wouldn't know the vast majority of the young actors, or romantic roles actors or...

But if even I, who usually doesn't watch movies with teen or YA actors as leads, am getting aware of one of those, he/she is usually on a steep curve on the way to stardom. Does not mean a person I do not know isn't a star to a big part of the audience.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I haven't heard of anyone in that cast except for Jolie and Hayek. Hayek is far from a star. She's like ketchup. A nice addition for flavour but on her own her name doesn't mean much. 

nobody cares about all star cast, most of the mcu actors werent not recognize at all, as long as they are good in the movie, then who the hell cares

• Like 2

I think we just define the word "star" differently, some people considering only the most popular, top of a-list actors as stars and some like me think that you only need to be succesful and well known to be that. I would definitely consider at least Salma Hayek and Richard Madden as pretty big stars, Salma is very popular in Europe and Latin America and has been a sex symbol since 90s and Richard Madden's popularity and recognition has blown up after Bodyguard. Just because they are less big than Angelina doesn't mean they aren't stars as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Richard Madden is not a fringe actor.

Angelina Jolie is a hasbeen. Salma Hayek too. Richard Madden’s career never took off. It’s a washed up cast of hasbeens and neverbeens. It actually worries me but in Feige we trust! 

Edited by HeadShot
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

12 minutes ago, john2000 said:

nobody cares about all star cast, most of the mcu actors werent not recognize at all, as long as they are good in the movie, then who the hell cares

I'm not debating any of that. Just simply stating that it's not an all star cast.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm not debating any of that. Just simply stating that it's not an all star cast.

i dont pay much attention if at all to actors in terms of popularity and ect, so i am out of my field here

5 minutes ago, Alli said:

This is indeed a HOT TAKE, but oh so wrong

Nah, she hasn’t had a good and successful role in years. She got stuck attempting to direct movies nobody wanted and was forced to accept subpar blockbuster roles on the side cause her passion didn’t pay off. 

Her filmography in the past decade has been critical to say the least. She’s kinda faded in the public eye too which was one of her biggest assets as a celebrity. 

For Hollywood standards she is a hasbeen. She’s definitely not an A list pull currently. Also given the coverage no one really cared either. Look at all the press Natalie Portman is getting in comparison.

Go up to 10 random people and ask them if they've heard of Richard Madden. My guess is 3 would say yes. 

Go up to 10 random people and ask him if they have heard of Angelina Jolie and my guess is 9 out of 10 would say yes. That's the difference between being a star and being a fringe actor.

• Like 1