Eric Duncan

THE LION KING WEEKEND THREAD l WITH DIGITAL FUR TECHNOLOGY | 191.8M OW (July OW Record, 8th biggest OW of all time) | Endgame beats Avatar. Disney keeps on winning! | SALE: One Month of Gold 50% Off!

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

But they made that very clear...

The films are: Black Widow, Eternals, Chang-Shi, Doctor Strange, Thor and Blade. 

The rest are series for Disney+

Also there’s more Phase 4 to be announced later, incluindo Fantastic 4 and X Men

Ah sorry it wasn’t on the logo image I was sent. At least Black Widow is there! 

Blade needs be rated R, obviously. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one really excited for Blade and what it could bring to the MCU? And Mahershala Ali probably made a deal with a crossroads demon or something because the dude is having quite the rise in Hollywood, he is in everything, not that I'm complaining since he is great. But I certainly did not expect him to be the next Blade.

No Spider-Man talk most likely means 2022 for the next one, so a 3-year break, which is understandable as they've been pumping out a lot of him in the last 3 years (think about it, Tom Holland's Spider-Man has already been in 5 movies in 3 years and a couple months, that's MADNESS).

The Mutants sure sounds like a thing, doesn't it?

Thor before Vol. 3 probably means no Asguardians of the Galaxy, but we might see a bit of them in that Thor movie, right? Also Portman back, which is not surprising since I believe they still had her under contract for one more movie, and this sounds very much up her alley, what they're doing with her character for Love and Thunder.

Doctor Strange 2 gonna be GOOD!!!! And Wanda is a perfect fit for the world of Stephen Strange.

Of the shows I'm most looking forward to Falcon and the Winter Soldier as those two are just made for each other. I mean I'm going to watch them all, of course, but this one in particular has me all giddy!

And you know what's REALLY exciting? There's so much more they didn't talk about, so this was definitely just the teaser.

And yes yes, it will be a couple down years (at the box office at least), I don't care, the MCU deserves a break, we've had our Universe-altering events already, now we can take a breath and prepare for the future with a couple lower stakes movies, right?

Edited by AlexMA
forgot an 'a'
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

So does this mean that Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, and Captain Marvel 2 not on the schedule at least for the next two years?

Yup. Without a surprising schedule change, all of those movies will be 2022 or later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Since Marvel announced the slate, studios do not need to stay clear after opening weekend in 2020. Even one week later they can move in, hope studios step up.

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yeah there's nothing from Marvel for studios to really be afraid of. It's actually a nice change, and I'm a Marvel fanatic! 2020 and 2021 will be a nice little breather, but with intriguing offerings nonetheless.

Anyone who put a movie the week after any of these would come to seriously regret it. All 2nd weekends over 50M.

Edited by Thanos Legion

So much hate for Disney and Marvel. They have a proven track record. Other studios would be dumb to go up against them if it could be avoided. Eternals is going to be a big cosmic movie with an all star cast. Shang chi is introducing one of Marvel's biggest villains and should do insane business in China. Strange has huge breakout potential after the reaction he got in endgame plus it's going in a horror direction which is a new angle. And after the success of Ragnarok, Thor 4 is going over a billion. The only one I'm unsure of is black widow. Could be big but I need to see a trailer first.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Richard Carducci said:

So much hate for Disney and Marvel. They have a proven track record. Other studios would be dumb to go up against them if it could be avoided. Eternals is going to be a big cosmic movie with an all star cast. Shang chi is introducing one of Marvel's biggest villains and should do insane business in China. Strange has huge breakout potential after the reaction he got in endgame plus it's going in a horror direction which is a new angle. And after the success of Ragnarok, Thor 4 is going over a billion. The only one I'm unsure of is black widow. Could be big but I need to see a trailer first.

????

the only star is Angelina 

• Knock It Off 1

5 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

61-61.5, may go higher but I think that's it.

I think we got a bit too spoiled by endgame's OWend.

61m would be #12 highest Saturday and 61.5m would be #11 highest (above Civil War9 and 27k below the 2nd Saturday of Endgame (that shit was crazy)

Edited by Taruseth
My Englisch sucks
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, AlexMA said:

No Spider-Man talk most likely means 2022 for the next one

I kept saying this; Sony dated FFH 7 months before Homecoming opened, so we would have known by now if Spider-Man was making 2021.

54 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

So does this mean that Black Panther 2, Guardians 3, and Captain Marvel 2 not on the schedule at least for the next two years?

Exactly.

They are confirmed, maybe the dates will be reveiled soon on D23, but it’s probably coming on 2022 and 2023.

22 minutes ago, Richard Carducci said:

Salma Hayek is a star

Richard Madden got alot of exposure from GoT and is an emerging star.

Plus I have a sneaky suspicion that captain marvel is going to be in this movie.

"Salma Hayek is a star"

mhhh you're not wrong but i don't think she's that huge star.

Richard Madden is not a star in any way. Being casted in something famous doesn't make you a star, A star for me is someone 9 people on 10 on street if you just show them the face. And with recognize i mean associate a name to a face, not "yes maybe i saw this face somewhere.". 

You wrote ALL star cast.  The others definitely are unknown names. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

The Lion King:    61,250,000
Spider-Man: Far from Home:   8,410,000
Toy Story 4:    6,030,000
Crawl:    2,400,000
Yesterday:   2,150,000
Stuber:    1,660,000
Aladdin (2019):    1,560,000
Annabelle Comes Home:  1,030,000
Midsommar:  730,000
The Secret Life of Pets 2:    550,000
Avengers: Endgame:    510,000
The Farewell: 448,840

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10
  • Astonished 2

9 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The Lion King $61.25mn Saturday.

So #11 of all Saturdays slightly above Civil War but below B&tB by 1.45m.

23m

55.52m

61.25m (+10.3%)

49m (-20%)

Would be 188.77m total Wend and I don't think it will drop worse than that

So probably a bit above 190m OWend ist the most likely OWend:

23m

55.52m

61.25m (+10.3%)

52m (-15.1%) OWend: 191.77

23.4m (-55%)

28m (+19.7%)