Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I would think that if any big budget Hollywood tentpole this year has a shot at a Best Picture nomination, it’s Dune, but that might not attract quite as many potential viewers. 

Dune is getting a nom.

1 hour ago, ZackM said:

Dune is getting a nom.

Seems likely, but win? Very doubtful. Then again this is just such a weak year for Awards Bait that nothing is impossible at this rate.

What’s funny about Dune is if you wanted to run a smear meme against it, very easy just stating the facts: it’s a blockbuster meant to launch a potential multi-film franchise plus a shared media universe what with that TV show on Max in the pipeline. Since cinephiles and self-appointed Film Guardians allegedly are anal about big budget blockbusters/shared universes hijacking theaters/attention away from the “little” movies, I would press that trigger hard. 

Same way Joker was never going to win. Boil that egg, it’s still a comic book movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It also has a better chance than the video I took on my iphone of the rain today

Don’t sell yourself short! I believe in the power of BestPictureIphoneRainTodayVideo

Edited by Product Driven Legion
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I dont think that anyone who has even actually seen Titane gives a shit? You all are way more annoying about this than "film Twitter" will ever be about it lol.

Lol are you film twitter? Y'all will get annoying if it gets nominated somehow though.

Edited by Saul Goodman

The obsession this forum has with "Film Twitter" is the absolute weirdest thing in the world. If you want a bunch of dudes who think differently than you (and frankly, don't actually represent "Film Twitter") run rent-free in your head, then be my guest. Just seems pretty insecure of you that you have to mock people who don't kiss Papa Feige's feet every other day and paint them as fun-hating fuddy duddys.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean it's not hard when we get shit like this on the regular

Dude, you know you can just ignore this stuff right? Nobody's forcing you to read this stuff. Marvel's not gonna suddenly bomb because people are being a little mean to movies you like. You're mature enough to handle stuff you like, especially stuff that is too big to fail and made by people richer than you will ever be, getting dogged on by other people. Who cares? Get over it.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

21 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean it's not hard when we get shit like this on the regular

Where were these articles in 2019? Sure my opening night of NWH had a decent amount of crowd yelling/clapping but Endgame was so much worse. The amount of dialogue I noticed that I missed when I saw it the next weekend was insane. 

6 minutes ago, Eric Smith said:

Dude, you know you can just ignore this stuff right? Nobody's forcing you to read this stuff. Marvel's not gonna suddenly bomb because people are being a little mean to movies you like. You're mature enough to handle stuff you like, especially stuff that is too big to fail and made by people richer than you will ever be, getting dogged on by other people. Who cares? Get over it.

How am I the immature one, and not the snobs mad at people having fun at the movies?

• Thanks 1