Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I feel like a Clone Saga film would be insane if they temporarily brought back dead people from Peter's past like Tony, Mysterio and 

Reveal hidden contents

to screw with him and Nat to screw with a guest star like Yelena.

Of course, Feige, RDJ and ScarJo would all need to be convinced. And Spidey could do with a break from the Avengers so this could be used for a film in the third trilogy or the last one in the next trilogy.

Yup, this was my "3rd movie in the trilogy" team up...but we've got some good villains to fit in 1st...and possibly to kill off and also return for that trilogy ender...

40 minutes ago, YourMother said:

“You can ask [Martin] Scorsese ‘Would you want to make a Marvel movie?’ But he doesn’t know what it’s like because he’s never made one,” asserts Tom Holland — who has played the title character in the three most recent Spider-Man films, having previously established himself in the 2012 Oscar-nominated film The Impossible — in reference to journalists’ and filmmakers’ often condescending attitude toward superhero films. “I’ve made Marvel movies and I’ve also made movies that have been in the conversation in the world of the Oscars, and the only difference, really, is one is much more expensive than the other. But the way I break down the character, the way the director etches out the arc of the story and characters — it’s all the same, just done on a different scale. So I do think they’re real art.”

I guess we can forget about Spidey Holland being cast in a Scorsese movie lmao.

• Haha 3

The fact Andrew Garfield and Benedict Cumberbatch are actually very much in the running for acting nominations this year (albeit for other movies) makes this announcement all the more amusing. Prepare for Best Actor to be pushed to the last award of the night for the second year in a row in the event Holland hosts and either of them ends up the frontrunner.

• Like 1

Tom's is of course correct. I've seen NWH and plenty of these "Oscar bait" films this year and you will never get me to believe they're intrinsically or demonstrably better scripted, acted or constructed. You can feel they're more deserving of the awards than NWH, but NWH is certainly qualified to compete. 

• Like 6

With how awful the ratings have been and how dire the box office for awards hopefuls are this year and probably will be from then on, there's probably going to be a huge shift towards the blockbusters in the next few years a la the 1970s. Emmys increased from last year solely because people actually watched Queen's Gambit and The Crown. You all may complain about this, but you know it to be true.

Watch next year have like Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Thor 4, and Top Gun 2 all invade the Best Picture lineup.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Holland came super close to leading a Best Picture nominee (and Best Picture near-winner) when he was cast in 1917 and had to drop out because of Chaos Walking reshoots (lmmmmaaaoooo). Watch him campaign super hard for Best Actor here to right that egregious wrong.

he would've played the one that died not the main guy. probably it would've made it more of a "surprise" that a bigger name died early not just some random game of thrones twink.

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Holland came super close to leading a Best Picture nominee (and Best Picture near-winner) when he was cast in 1917 and had to drop out because of Chaos Walking reshoots (lmmmmaaaoooo). 

I'm roaring.

Edited by ddddeeee