Eric Duncan

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

lmao, They are giving free Press to NWH and that's how you get free publicity. More people will come watch NWH to see what it is...

BTW, I am pretty sure - He simply meant that Martin Scorsese doesn't get Marvel movies because he never tried making one. I have read his whole interview and what he meant is reality. He is right in saying that even if five of his Small - Oscar bait films flop at Box-office, they won't effect him and put same level of pressure if say his 1st Spidey would have flopped.

Edited by Shanks

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

You guys expecting meltdowns is pretty funny when more people will have meltdowns over Don't Look Up getting nominated than No Way Home lol.

It’s much more deserving than Don’t Look Up

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Don’t care whether it is deserving or not but I would really like to see this get nominated just for the meltdowns. It wont happen but it will be epic. 

Plus you can bet it will increase Oscar ratings too. 

Tbf I don't think Black Panther helped with ratings in 2018

18 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Tbf I don't think Black Panther helped with ratings in 2018

Ratings did improve a little bit although I dont know if it was due to BP nomination or not. But BP was not a controversial nomination, pretty much everyone expected it to happen. NWH nom on the other hand will get a lot of headlines. 

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Ratings did improve a little bit although I dont know if it was due to BP nomination or not. But BP was not a controversial nomination, pretty much everyone expected it to happen. NWH nom on the other hand will get a lot of headlines. 

The ratings boost was more because of the Kevin Hart drama and the hype over there being no host than anything else.

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Didn’t Queen and Lady Gaga perform that year? Guessing that helped 

Which reminds me Bohemian Rhapsody was nominated and people are still talking about worthy Oscar noms. :rofl: 

It's not about worthy, never has been - it's about the type of films that get nominated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Which reminds me Bohemian Rhapsody was nominated and people are still talking about worthy Oscar noms. :rofl: 

It's not about worthy, never has been - it's about the type of films that get nominated.

Yeah, the types of films that got nominated and won used to be much more diverse, but something changed when Crash won. The kind of films that voters found acceptable narrowed in a pretty big way.

• Like 2