Eric Duncan

JOKER WEEKEND THREAD | 96M DOM, 151 OS, 247M WW (October Record all around) | ***NO SPOILERS*** | SALE LIVE: Monthly Premium Account 50% off, Monthly Gold Account $5 Off

Grim let it be known to all we don’t condone shootings and we will eat the heads of anyone who is thinking about it, we are venom and nothing will stop us :Venom:

Edited by VENOM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Fox Searchlight is planning on expanding Lucy in the Sky to 350 theaters over the next 3-4 weeks. We'll see if it gets that far considering it's likely gonna flop at the 36 theaters it's opening in this weekend with its poor reviews.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/lucy-in-the-sky-box-office-pain-and-glory-wrinkles-the-clown-memory-specialty-preview-1202750937/

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, grim22 said:

After discussing it with @VENOM he has been unbanned on probation. Kindly don’t make light of real world tragedies 

How does one discuss these things? I sent you a couple messages after the Joker warning/threadban (which, in retrospect, was probably a blessing) and I didn't hear anything.  

3 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Audiences were different in the past... sitting through 3 hour adult dramas like The Firm and Scent of a Women lol 

I love the way some people think they are being cool and hip, when all they are doing is proclaiming their ignorance.

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fox Searchlight is planning on expanding Lucy in the Sky to 350 theaters over the next 3-4 weeks. We'll see if it gets that far considering it's likely gonna flop at the 36 theaters it's opening in this weekend with its poor reviews.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/lucy-in-the-sky-box-office-pain-and-glory-wrinkles-the-clown-memory-specialty-preview-1202750937/

If a movie like Lucy In The Sky gets the kind of panning it got from the criticis. it';s pretty much game over. That's the way it works for "Oscar Bati" films.

noah hawley is all flash and no substance on his tv shows. it's just a bunch of annoying show-off filmmaking tricks and surface level "quirky" characters he thinks is enough to make a story interesting. i was kinda rooting for lucy in the sky because i like portman and think she does a lot of interesting projects but i'm not shocked by the reception (and maybe this is definitive proof that film critics are more discerning than tv critics).

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1