Eric the Fall Guy

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

I saw rise of Skywalker today and it's just I really confusing film. It's just seems like they dropped the ball on this one. They should have let JJ Abrams take the reins on this right from the beginning and not have them give anything up. Right now I'm giving the film a 6 out of 10. The last half-hour the movie is incredibly well done but the rest of it is just really mumbles and jumbled and there's a whole bunch of things that are not really explained at all LOL they are just there

Felt the same way when I first saw it. 
The jumbles and mumbles are much clearer second time. There’s more explained than you realise, albeit in mere quick dialogue. 

Still...I liked it a ton more after a second viewing as many others have. You going to see it again? 

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

Tuesday’s gross will be very interesting. The usual high Tuesday bounce will confront the usual hefty Christmas Eve drops. TFA and TLJ both dropped on their first Tuesdays and I suspect TROS will drop as well but it could be close to a steady day.

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

Tuesday’s gross will be very interesting. The usual high Tuesday bounce will confront the usual hefty Christmas Eve drops. TFA and TLJ both dropped on their first Tuesdays and I suspect TROS will drop as well but it could be close to a steady day.

No discounts over Christmas break. Tuesdays should resemble Tuesdays of old.

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I don't know - $4.6M vs $5.0M open for each...they both are the 1st discards to the pile when the January resets happen.  I mean, Cats out-opened both...

See below 

4 hours ago, Neucentro said:

It's playing in only 1,480 theaters, compared to Cats' 3,380 and Richard Jewell's 2,502.

This. Bombshell is an awards contender, Richard Jewell is not. 

11 minutes ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

I have watched the film six times

despite it being the weakest in the ST IMO, the pacing is so fast that I feel im watching an hour and thirty min movie.

so im rewatching to see what I miss.

You either live in a cinema, or you are, indeed, watching an hour and a half cut of the movie... 

6 times? On OW alone? Fucking hell. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, reddevil19 said:

You either live in a cinema, or you are, indeed, watching an hour and a half cut of the movie... 

6 times? On OW alone? Fucking hell. 

Hey, i watched Jurassic World 7 times on OW and Godzilla: King of the Monsters also 7 times. Its possible.

Disclaimer: OWs in Germany are Wednesday - Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nova said:

Imagine using MCU, Batman, Starwars and James Bond as examples to try and claim Harry Potter isn’t huge. It’s almost as if there can be more than one huge property at a time. 

You don’t have to like HP. But to act like it isn’t huge is being in denial or being a straight up hater...a term I dislike to use but when the stats and numbers are all there to prove an IP is huge and you’re still claiming it isn’t, I don’t know what else to refer to you as. 

I never claimed it wasn’t huge, I claimed that it wasn’t this amazing b.o phenomenon that some were trying to present.