Eric the Fall Guy

THE STAR WARS THE RISE OF SKYWALKER WEEKEND THREAD | Abandon all hope, ye who enter here | 177.38 DOM, 197 OS, 373.5 WW | SALE NOW LIVE

16 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

If Luke survived TLJ he would always have to die in TROS. That's the nature of these stories.

Of course.

They would have made a shitload more money on Episodes 8 & 9 if they didn’t turn Luke into grumpy hermit and kill him in the same movie. That was a double whammy in a single movie and bound to cause backlash. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Watching the original movie right now. Can’t help but wonder several things.

1. If Luke had a legit role in Force Awakens, does it make it to $1 billion domestic? 

2. If they didn’t kill Luke in TLJ, how much extra would it have made via better legs?

3. If Luke was alive for the new movie, how much bigger would the opening and total be?

Luke is the common theme when it comes to analyzing what went wrong with the trilogy, that's for sure.

Just a complete disregard and disrespect for one of the greatest characters in pop culture. It should have been a glorious return for the classic trio, but especially Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. The thing is, it's not like it was that difficult either. Take any Star Wars fan with decent storytelling ability and they would have been able to come up with a much better sequel trilogy arc for Luke than what we got.

Could you freaking imagine if WB did a Harry Potter sequel saga decades from now and did the same thing to Harry? This isn't rocket science!

Edited by JB33
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Damien said:

Harry Potter is THE franchise for me. One of the 1st Hollywood movies I ever saw. I was obsessed with the the Wizarding world as a child. It was huge even people who didn't watch Hollywood movies have saw it. 

The First Twilight movie is fine haven't seen others. Never understood the hate it received.

The movie was so damn good I bought all the audiobooks and they were sooooo good. I want a massive audioplay! Like was done with Enders Game ( amazeballs btw as well)

Can't wait to rewatch those with with my daughter and take her to the Harry Potter rides.

top playdates we 22-Dec 

All TSOR

Top playdates
22-Dec-19  all TROS

1-AMC Disney Springs , Orlando FL
2-AMC Burbank
3-AMC Lincoln Square, NYC
4-LMT Megaplex, South Jordan UT
5-AMC Empire 25, NYC
(Combined with E-walk across the road #1)

6-AMC Metreon, San Francisco
7-El Capitan, Hollywood
8-AMC Tyson Corner ,McLean VA
9-AMC Orange CA
10-LMT Megaplex , Sandy UT
11-AMC Thoroughbred, Franklin TN
12-CPLX  Banque Scotia, Montreal QC
13-AMC River East, Chicago IL
14-Regal Irvine Spectrum, CA
15-Arclight Hollywood
16-CM Redwood CA
17-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto ON
18-AMc Garden State , Paramus NJ
19-Regal MArq Stadium , Houston tX
20-CPLX Queensway, Etobicoke ON

AMC Ontario Mills + Regal Palace would rank #5

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Jabba'sMoofmilker said:

everyone talking about Potter but no one going to mention how huge LOTR was during 2001-2003

Wasnt Return of the King the biggest film of the 2000's until Avatar.

ROTK is one of the most impressive global films of all time. Europe went absolutely INSANE.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 1:07 PM, ViewerAnon said:

The sad thing about SOLO flopping is it learned the wrong lesson. OBI-WAN would've thrashed it at the box office.

I guess this depends on what level of thrashing we are talking. SOLO had box office potential too. There are a lot of variable that they need to get right. Obi-Wan's big leg up is already having the lead actor established. If done and released right could have done $125/400 in December? Possibly. Do I think it was a $200/600 potential concept? Couldn't see it before TROS and def. don't see it now (obviously) 

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

I guess this depends on what level of thrashing we are talking. SOLO had box office potential too. There are a lot of variable that they need to get right. Obi-Wan's big leg up is already having the lead actor established. If done and released right could have done $125/400 in December? Possibly. Do I think it was a $200/600 potential concept? Couldn't see it before TROS and def. don't see it now (obviously) 

You have to remember the kids who grew up with the prequels are a prime target audience, having an Obi Wan movie would do Force Awakens numbers

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

You have to remember the kids who grew up with the prequels are a prime target audience, having an Obi Wan movie would do Force Awakens numbers

lol what/

22 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

So... Rian Johnson?

Maybe DC can have him make a run at Superman now that it seems Abrams won't inspire much excitement 😉